Drinks for Breakfast?

awaldo

Thinking.... hmmm. If you get a drink there's a 15% gratuity added. But, isn't this given to the bar staff and bar waiters?? If you ask a waiter in the buffet to get you a drink, should you give him an additional tip since he won't receive anything from the 15% ?? Or will he ?? Same thing might apply any time of day in the dining rooms ?? You would if you got room service, right ?

I buy the soda card and anytime a waiter in the buffet offers to get me a drink I always tip him or her a dollar or two.

Think you could be wrong.. but you've been around longer than me, so, I could be wrong. My understanding is the auto-tips are shared by a designated number of employees and the gratuity on the drinks are shared by the bartender and bar waiters whereas.. they do not share in the auto-tips. Should start a thread on this to see what really experienced cruisers know.

Pleez!!! Not another thread on tipping. :eek:

Ciao for now!!!

Okay, I'll bite. What's a greyhound (if it's not a dog)?

Vodka and grapefruit juice. (A Salty Dog without the salted rim. A Seabreeze without the cranberry juice.)

Caro <--- married to a former bartender

Greyhound is as previously stated, grapefruit with vodka. Not as sweet as a screwdriver, and never got a taste for a bloody mary. It's a good breakfast libation. Goes well with lox and beans.

Archived