Trying to choose between 2 dates for cruise

GoldWest

We are planning a group cruise. We have to work around DS college breaks. The choices we have are-first part of January 2011, but he would miss 2 days of classes starting back second semister. The other choice is ....Spring break! His SB is the week of March 14th. This would probably be on the Elation out of Mobile.

Please give any advice!:confused:

This is a personal family decision and I am mystified that you seek the advice of strangers. Have a family conference and weigh the options according to what matters most to your family.

I guess I didn't make myself clear enough, sorry. It's more about experience anyone has had on spring break cruise, or college kids missing a day or two of class.

My vote would be for Jan. I would think your DS could catch up on 2 days work. A cruise during March break would be too much for me.

I think I agree with you.

I would NEVER allow my kid to miss a college class (assuming I have any control over that!)...unless they're ill...college isn't like middle school...you miss one class...you've missed a week's worth of work.

We paid waaaay too much for our kid's college education....they are going to get every penny's worth!

They can get their education, a job, and afford their OWN vacation!

There is absolutely no way my kids would agree (nor would I suggest, at over 50K/year) to miss two days of college, especially when they are just starting back after holiday break.

I would opt for spring break. My sons went to different colleges and they never had spring break at the same time, so we usually waited until late May when they were all out of school.

Jo-Ann

I'm going with Spring Break too...The first two days back are often the most important as far as what's going to happen the rest of the semester.

I actually called the college and asked them about missing the first class day, and she said they don't usually keep them the entire class. She thought it would be ok. I don't know if it matters, but it's a junior college.

But, I'll keep that in mind, we want to do the right thing.

Thanks for all your thought!

I would NEVER allow my kid to miss a college class (assuming I have any control over that!)...unless they're ill...college isn't like middle school...you miss one class...you've missed a week's worth of work.

We paid waaaay too much for our kid's college education....they are going to get every penny's worth!

They can get their education, a job, and afford their OWN vacation!

I'm with you on this one!

Archived