Change of Travel Agent

jell

We are booked on the Veendam to Bermuda in Sept., since January, 2009. The final payment has not yet ben made. We have recently seen internet rates that are less than what we are paying through our TA. We do not want to lose the stateroom we have...is it possible for a new TA to take over the original booking? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank You!

Just call your TA and tell them you would like the lower rate. They should be able to adjust it for you. From what I understand online TA's are no longer allowed to cash discount HAL's prices, so the lower prices you are seeing are probably HAL's 3 day sale fares.

If you haven't made final payment yet, you should still be able to get the lower price.

You didn't mention if you are booked directly with HAL or if you have a TA. If you are booked with HAL you can easily switch once to a TA.

ALSO......be very careful of the lowest fares you find online and check out the online TA very carefully. Most, I am sure, are just fine.......but I learned from experience that some are NOT!! Caution and research!! I am now under the belief that I will pay a little more to go with a well known, reputable company!

We are also on the Veendam in July. I have found an on-line site with prices lower than what my TA gave and also lower than the HAL site. When I questioned my TA she said HAL no longer allows discounting. I tried calling the on-line site to see if I could transfer but they said I would have to totally re-book through them and I would probably lose my cabin and dining preference (I have main confirmed but it is now waitlisted).

Remembering KweenKaren's experiences, I opted to stay with my current TA.

Archived