Venice Airport to cruise ship terminal

Whippets

Once you're in piazza roma, you can walk if you're reasonably fit. We did it w/o the suitcases b/c we overnighted i Venice & went from the ship to "town." You can also get a cab, I believe. We opted for a water taxi (pretty expensive) b/c when we left our hotel it was POURING out, canals were close to flooding.

If you haven't already made your air arrangements, try to get to Venice a few days early. It's a shame to only have a few hours there. It has become my favorite city & I can't wait to get back.

Sorry, I should have read your questions more carefully. From the airport you need to take an airport bus to piazza roma, then facing venice itself, go to your left & walk. The airport is at least a 15-minute drive to piazza roma, which is where the true "Venice of the canals" begins. There's a very busy round-about, you go 3/4 around & start walking. I'm pretty sure you can also get a cab from that point.

We are traveling to Venice in October. Wondering what the distance is from the airport to cruise ship terminal? Is a cab the best way to get there? Approximate cost? Any other suggestions?

A cab is the easiest, a water taxi the most expensive and memorable, a bus the cheapest.

Personally, I'd go for the cab, especially if arriving after an overnight flight.

The airport is about 8 - 9 land miles from the cruise port. Expect to pay about 30 Euro for a cab, 90 -100 Euro for a water taxi (which can be shared with others), or 3 Euro for the express bus to Piazzale Roma (which then requires a walk of about a half mile or so).

We are traveling to Venice in October. Wondering what the distance is from the airport to cruise ship terminal? Is a cab the best way to get there? Approximate cost? Any other suggestions?

By October, it should not be necessary to walk from Piazzale Roma (the bus stop) to the cruise terminal. I would not recomend it in any case with luggage.

We walked it without luggage and it wasn't fun.

If you take a taxi, it will take you directly from the airport to the cruise terminal.

If you take the public bus, it will take you to Piazzale Roma for a few Euros (i think 3). From there, the new Venice People Mover will take you to the cruise terminal in 2 minutes for about 1 euro pp. The people mover is an elevated tram It had its' trial run in Dec so should certainly be ready by Oct.

See http://www.europeforvisitors.com/venice.

I would take a taxi. If I were going to a hotel in the city anywhere other than at Piazzale Roma, I would opt for a water taxi.

Is there luggage storage at Piazzale Roma? I arrive in the morning from an overnight flight and the cruise check in won't be available for a few hours after I arrive. If I can check my bags I will start my tour of Venice (cappucino in St Mark's square? :)) before going to the ship.

Archived