Cafe Albacio- some clarification

happyteacher1214

Hello everyone!

I will be sailing for my honeymoon on April 25 2009 on Celebrity's solstice!!! I am soooo excited! More than the wedding LOL

I have never sailed celebrity, I have sailed RCI 5 times.

My question is: Is there a charge for eating at cafe al bacio? I know they have sweets and treats, but do you have to purchase the coffee in order to have the treats? Or could you just get the treats without purchasing a tcoffee? I know the gelato is not free and you have to pay...does anyone know how much for a gelato?

Any information would be helpful!

Claudia

Hello everyone!

I will be sailing for my honeymoon on April 25 2009 on Celebrity's solstice!!! I am soooo excited! More than the wedding LOL

My question is: Is there a charge for eating at cafe al bacio? I know they have sweets and treats, but do you have to purchase the coffee in order to have the treats? Or could you just get the treats without purchasing a tcoffee? I know the gelato is not free and you have to pay...does anyone know how much for a gelato?

Claudia

All of the food is free, and you don't have to buy a beverage in order to sit down in the Cafe and enjoy your selections. You will be just as well treated and cared for if you buy a coffee, or if you don't. I can HIGHLY recommend the almond croissants, but they are only available for about two hours in the morning. Check with the servers in the Cafe al Bacio to find the times that the almond and chocolate croissants are available.

Sorry, I've only had the yummy free ice cream from the buffet. I'm sure someone else can help with the cost of gelato. I do hear that it is VERY good ;).

Hello everyone!

Claudia

you do pay for coffeee and tes.. but it is the best on the ship.. the muffins or sweets you can just ask for without coffee. no problem.. they have to go bags.

Quote:

"I can HIGHLY recommend the almond croissants"

Me too, me too:D:):D...they are absolutely delicious!!!

Gelato has different prices for different sizes...if memory serves...

2 or 3 bucks depending on how much you get....

Claudia, congrats on your upcoming nuptuals and wishing you

many years of happiness and a wonderful cruise for that honeymoon!:)

Quote:

"I can HIGHLY recommend the almond croissants"

Me too, me too:D:):D...they are absolutely delicious!!!

Gelato has different prices for different sizes...if memory serves...

2 or 3 bucks depending on how much you get....

Claudia, congrats on your upcoming nuptuals and wishing you

many years of happiness and a wonderful cruise for that honeymoon!:)

Lois: Thank you for the wonderful wishes! My fiancee and I have been together for 3 1/2 years are we are truly excited to finally start our life together as husband and wife....and what better way than a honeymoon on the high seas!!!

To everyone: Thank you sooo much for the responses! I cannot wait to try a chocolate croissant...omg my mouth is watering....as you can imagine I have not put a single fattening and or sugary thing in my mouth for weeks ( I get married in April 24 and looking to drop another 10 lbs till then)... so I cannot wait to board on the Solstice!!!

Thank you all!!!!!!

Claudia

Lois: Thank you for the wonderful wishes! My fiancee and I have been together for 3 1/2 years are we are truly excited to finally start our life together as husband and wife....and what better way than a honeymoon on the high seas!!!

To everyone: Thank you sooo much for the responses! I cannot wait to try a chocolate croissant...omg my mouth is watering....as you can imagine I have not put a single fattening and or sugary thing in my mouth for weeks ( I get married in April 24 and looking to drop another 10 lbs till then)... so I cannot wait to board on the Solstice!!!

Thank you all!!!!!!

Claudia

Claudia, I hope you are going try to at least one of the Specialty

Restaurants:)...the experience is definitely worth the $.

(In my opinion anyway;))

And the gelato? It is soooooooo good:D

I definetly want to try one of the specialty restaurants....which one do you recommend? and which is the best night to go? I know my then hubby will not want to miss the lobster night...not sure which night is that.... do you suggest formal night? Or one of the nights where you know the menu might be a little weak?

Thank you for all of your input!

Claudia

Claudia, the lobster? Its not usually a tail anymore but more of a

seafood combo.

Maybe some recent Solstice cruisers can give you more first hand info.

But as for the nights and which one to try one of the restaurants?

Usually on a 7 night Caribbean cruise, formal evenings are night 2 and 6.

So if you prefer the dining room on those nights, you have 5 others

to choose from:D You could have one formal night in the dining room

and one in a Specialty.

I have only been on Solstice once and that was in 2008 for 2 nights.

I ate in Tuscan Grille and thought it was wonderful.:) You will get different opinions on all the restaurants since we all have different

tastes.

I would choose Tuscan Grille and Murano's if I had to pick 2.

Picking one? I would just go eenie meenie minie moe:D

Lois:

Thanks for your quick input! I am going to look into Murano and Tuscan Grill and see which one's menu seems better fit for both of us. I am highly allergic to shellfish so a menu that is heavy on the SF would be a no-no for me. I do however love a good steak and everything that goes with it....

Silk harvest does not call my name at all dont think I want to spend $$ on chinese food....IMHO

Thanks again and I hope to hear from you soon!

Claudia

Lois:

Thanks for your quick input! I am going to look into Murano and Tuscan Grill and see which one's menu seems better fit for both of us. I am highly allergic to shellfish so a menu that is heavy on the SF would be a no-no for me. I do however love a good steak and everything that goes with it....

Silk harvest does not call my name at all dont think I want to spend $$ on chinese food....IMHO

Thanks again and I hope to hear from you soon!

Claudia

Both restaurants have wonderful steak:D:):D

Thank you all!!!!!!

Claudia

Congratulations to you both! My daughter is also getting married the same day, and will be cruising on 4/26 Jewel of the Seas.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Congratulations to you both! My daughter is also getting married the same day, and will be cruising on 4/26 Jewel of the Seas.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Karyn, oh wow....sending you a a big Mazel Tov:D:)....good wishes,

and hope you have a new son, rather than just a son-in-law;)

Archived