Room location

desiray

I need help. I've been on a few cruises before but not many. I have an option to purchase tickets on Carnival Destiny on the upper deck in the very front of the boat. This would give me a balcony with a limited view. Any suggestions on if this is a good idea or not?

thanks for your quick response.

Why would being up front limit your view? Unless you are in the VERY front in a 4J, or on the Veranda deck with the bridge wings sticking out, I would think your view would be the same as any other balcony. EM

If the water's rough you will likely feel some movement. I've been forward and aft on various ships, and the movement doesn't really bother me. If motion bothers you, you are better off mid-ship and on a lower deck.

Also, if you're a light sleeper, don't be over the theater or clubs.

Have fun!

Upper deck is deck 6, Bridge is on Veranda deck, 8. I had a 4G (now 4J) on Carnival Splendor, the 'obstructed view' cabins that face forward, and the motion I felt was as if we hit every pothole in the road...when seas were a bit rough. Otherwise, no motion. It was a great cabin, right under the bridge. EM

I love being at the front of the ship. One of our best cruises was in the most forward inside cabin on the Aloha Deck of the Sun Princess. We hit rough seas and could feel the motion. I loved it. It wasn't quite as good as our Maasdam cruise, where I ship encountered gale force 10 winds and seas. That's one where waves were almost reaching the Promenade Deck and the wind was so strong that the ship was tilted 12 degrees.

Archived