What port would you live in?

Tim-n-Rick

After our R.S.V.P. cruise last year my partner and I said we were selling everything and moving to St. John to be bartenders when my youngest graduates! The kids think we are joking but we just might be serious!

Of course, this was my first cruise and my first time out of the country. Other than the mainland I had only been to Hawaii. Although I love Hawaii, I don't know if I could live there. :cool:

What a great question. I have two. Corsica and Venice. Corsica on the square facing where the ships come in. Venice. Along the Grand Canal of course.

I could live in either happily forever. As for gay, I don't know. I'm not sure what Roger's answer would be. I like to think it would be, "Wherever Bryan is!" lol

Bryan and Roger :D

I'm so envious of those of you who have seen European ports. Perhaps one day we will venture beyond the Caribbean.

Perhaps Tom will invite us all over so we can at least view the eye candy that is his house boy, chef, gardner, etc...

I am driving down to Mijamee and buying an apartment in one of those high rise units along the cruise ship chanel. That way I can have weekend gatherings to watch the ships pass on parade.

Some jumbo shrimp, crab soup, thick steaks on the grill, some good wine and the company of great friends.

Now to win the lottery....

I am driving down to Mijamee and buying an apartment in one of those high rise units along the cruise ship chanel. That way I can have weekend gatherings to watch the ships pass on parade.

Some jumbo shrimp, crab soup, thick steaks on the grill, some good wine and the company of great friends.

Now to win the lottery....

I'm with you on this one.. I like this idea. Can I be your friend?? :D

Aaerobear, good choice. Sometimes the best ports are at home.

MiamiSpartan, would you really trade the warm for the cold?

It is really an amazing city!

I'd live downtown and shop at the Granville Island market for all my food....

I'd just have to adjust my wardrobe a bit....

:D

Maybe a small place......in Mykonos town or on the cliffs in Santorini town of Thira).

Cocktails while watching bronze bods clad in bright colored speedos out in the cobalt blue water.

Pass the ouzo paleeze.

Of course an apartment on Brickle in Mijamee.......and seeing Spartan stroll down the street in a pair of blue jeans, tank top, flip flops having just come from the gym....

quick, pass the Grey Goose!:p

I wish Mykonos were a little greener, I'd say a home there would be nice. That island has always been more than kind to me when I visit on heter or gay cruises. :) I know I'll get flamed but the Cayman Islands are just beautiful. They're coming around on gay-friendly attitudes so there's hope if I win the lottery of getting a place at the Ritz Carlton down there. :rolleyes:

It has to be a place that is easily accessible to flying out in a hurry if that is ever needed. Another is the availablity of good health care. Another is the availability of a good internet connection. At least a few feet above sea level if the oceans do rise.

As you can tell, I have actually put some thought into this one.

Puerto Vallarta meets these!

They even have a Costco! :eek:

dave

Dave, Do your husbands know you've put a down payment on a house there yet? ;)

Believe it or not.......we have talked about it! Since I will be the first to retire, I volunteered to "go ahead" and set up everything and they can come and visit me during the winter months (especially bear week!) and during the warm season, I will come back to the Upstate of SC.

Puerto Vallarta is safe from hurricanes as well as earth quakes and has quite a large CA and US population.

And the restaurants are wonderful!

I already live in one! We get both ships from the Baltic and the Fjords run. Regulars from all cruise lines, US, British, German and Italian marketed.

Nowadays it starts in April, dies down in beginning of October and a few visits before Christmas.

Only RSVP or Atlantis hasn't been in town yet.

My old office was right next to the dockside and I would walk or bike past it around 8am. I can remember walking down from work in December and walking past the QE2 on the winter visit :D

Oslo havn webcam

Oslo Cruise schedule 2010

I already live in one! We get both ships from the Baltic and the Fjords run. Regulars from all cruise lines, US, British, German and Italian marketed.

Nowadays it starts in April, dies down in beginning of October and a few visits before Christmas.

Only RSVP or Atlantis hasn't been in town yet.

My old office was right next to the dockside and I would walk or bike past it around 8am. I can remember walking down from work in December and walking past the QE2 on the winter visit :D

Oslo havn webcam

Oslo Cruise schedule 2010

Thanks for the info, Dutch! I will be visiting your city on the Crystal Symphony 23/08/10 and would appreciate any advice on the weather that time of year, as well as any reccomended sights to see. I am currently booked to take a morning walking tour and would have my afternoon free until we sail at 5PM. I know one day will only give me a taste, but I am looking forward to my visit there.

Archived