General Store on Ship?

cards09

Will there be a store on the Celebrity Century where I can buy stuff like sunscreen (preferably bio-degradable), bug spray, hand sanitizer, etc.?

If so, are the prices outrageous, or reasonable?

I don't want to pack these liquids in my luggage and have to check it.

Will there be a store on the Celebrity Century where I can buy stuff like sunscreen (preferably bio-degradable), bug spray, hand sanitizer, etc.?

If so, are the prices outrageous, or reasonable?

There is a store on board that sells these types of things, but you will pay a premium. I went to buy a bottle of Tylenol (small 6 or 8 pill tube) and paid nearly $5 US....Alot of the items available are travel size at full size prices, but you pay for convenience I guess.

Sunscreen yes - although the selection isn't huge so I'd buy ahead if you like a particular brand or type. The selection of other sundries is even worse with small packages of a few items with a limited selection. I'm not sure if they carry any bug spray nor hand sanitizer. They do have hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the ship at entrances to all dining areas, the internet cafe, the general entrances onto the ship and a few other places. But if you want a small bottle to take to shore with you then I'd bring one along.

store on Century was very limited---if you can't stop at a drugstore you might do better in the airport stores--they are also expensive but may have a better selection.. Miami airport had several kiosks around the gate areas..

we had our first (& hopefully last) luggage mistep last cruise... I had packed a Thera full sample in a plastic packet (just in case) & it was inside a plastic baggie.. they both leaked... red color!!! fortunately it leaked only onto the top of the luggage & on top of of our plastic rain panchos-- just a bit got on DH khakis which washed out easily... very lucky save!!! lesson learned...

We ran out of toothpaste two days before the end of our last 12 night cruise on the millennium and it was a sea day. We had brought along a small enough tube that should have lasted for the 12 nights for the two of us, but it didn't. I had to go buy some from their sundries store. I think I paid $6 or $7 for a small 3 oz tube.

Why not? We always pack sunscreen, shampoo, etc in a zip lock bag. The prices are exhorbitant for any last minute item on the ship.

Why not? We always pack sunscreen, shampoo, etc in a zip lock bag. The prices are exhorbitant for any last minute item on the ship.

I'm guessing that the OP is planning on only having carry-on luggage and doesn't want to have to check a bag at the airport.

I'd agree, try to buy it at a drugstore before you head on the boat. If the OP is asking though, it sounds like there won't be the chance. If that's the case, I'd probably buy at the airport as well. The prices in the ship store are always ridiculous.

Another alternative is to wait until the first port and get it then.

Archived