Smaller Ships

Jewelfine

Hi there

We are considering an Azmara Cruise as we have been told by pax on other ships how amazing they are.

My concern however is that they will have more motion then the larger ships. - Is this true? If so how much more? My husband is a great cruiser but I dont' want to send him over the edge (pun intended)

Thanx

Melanie

We have sailed on this class of ship 2 times. We didn't feel any more motion on this ship than we have felt on previous cruises on larger ships. A cabin midship would experience less motion than a cabin at the front of the ship. We were in cabin 7092 on the Journey. Cabin 7088, 7090, 7092, & 7094 with the same cabins on the starboard side on decks 6.7.& 8 have more engine noise, because they are around the smoke stack. Any other midship cabins would be fine. We liked the small size, expecially if you visit ports where you have to tender. We enjoyed the smaller shop experience.

I have sailed on the R ships multiple times (Oceania and Princess) and they are no different from larger ships. In significant weather ALL ships will move and rock - large and small - more or less the same amount.The mid ship, lower levels are most stable, either end and higher up experience more motion.

Smooth sailings!

Archived