Storm in Northeast strand anyone?

fastphil4u

I don't know anyone who was going on a cruise, but my in-laws were one of the last flights into Newark from Las Vegas and their car service (Air Brook) cancelled on them, so I had to put my hot cocoa into a to-go mug and and run to the airport to get them!

God,with all this bad weather and flights cancelled I wonder how many people were going on cruises and can't make it? Talk about sucks! I live in northern NY and that is one reason I don't cruise until at least april.

Same here!!!!! I cruised once in Feb. my first cruise. We now always book in the spring. I'm actually hoping March will be okay. You know how those March storms in NY can be! We are flying in an evening ahead but you never know.

I live in northern NY and that is one reason I don't cruise until at least april.

Two summers ago in July we had 100+ weather for the fourth of July weekend and around the 15th, it snowed!!! When I went overseas as a teenager for April break, we had to drive to NYC (Albany was closed), and they were plowing the runway before each flight took off. I've given up on trying to pick a season to travel based on the probability of good weather!! i just book my flights and pray!!!

Karen

Watching the snow in Massachusetts, makes me happy I live in Arizona. Mid 70's here today. :D Sorry, my first winter back. lol

Sure wish I was out there with you. Channel 5 just announced that my town of Dracut has 27 inches of snow. It's still coming down.

Sandy

Sure wish I was out there with you. Channel 5 just announced that my town of Dracut has 27 inches of snow. It's still coming down.

Sandy

Dracut Mass? My sister lives right near you!In fast her boyfriend owns the little store in dracut.I think it is called townline store? I talked to my mom who lives in salem NH and she said she thought around 2 feet of snow had fallen,and very windy.We did not get a lot of snow,but it was minus 24 here yesterday morning.Windchill around -35 to -40 below! Wish i was on my cruise now! We go april 17th on the Miracle.:D

Just wanted to say hello as there is never many people on the boards that live near me. I live in Ogdensburg, NY and yes it was very cold and the wind was terrible, come on April I want to cruise and get warm. Linda

Actually I'm jealous of all of you in the snow.

I grew up in the midwest and enjoyed all 4 seasons. Now I live near Seattle where we only have 2 seasons. Light summer and the rainy season. I guess if I really need some snow, I can drive an hour east into the mountains,,,but oh well.

I figure that if I'm going to be cold, wet, and miserable,,,,, I'd rather have it snow. At least its prettier.

We are traveling tomorrow on Carnival for a Family 50th Birthday Celebration. The Guest of Honor rather than taking a nice direct plane today from Blizzard Boston Suburbs, is taking a commuter train, an Amtrak train, (tonight) to a New York Plane and a taxi to the port (tomorrow). She deserves a few bottles of Champaigne when she arrives!.

I thought the same thing too when I heard about all of thes snow. We live in Central Maine and barely got an inch - they have been predicting 6-10 inches for several days - lots of wind. The air temperature (not wind chill) was -23 below yesterday morning and -18 below Friday morning. Southern Maine has gotten 18 or so inches. We watched the weather channel this morning and saw that Boston and New York were getting hit hard. Have a co-worker and her spouse who were supposed to fly out today through Boston to the Caribbean. I'm sure they didn't make it. Bet lots of people didn't...that's why you have to go down a day early just to be sure!

Dracut Mass? My sister lives right near you!In fast her boyfriend owns the little store in dracut.I think it is called townline store? I talked to my mom who lives in salem NH and she said she thought around 2 feet of snow had fallen,and very windy.We did not get a lot of snow,but it was minus 24 here yesterday morning.Windchill around -35 to -40 below! Wish i was on my cruise now! We go april 17th on the Miracle.:D

Yes, Dracut, Mass. We have several small stores in town, not sure which one you mean. Wow, that is a nasty windchill. We are sailing on the Victory May 1st and on the Miracle Oct 23rd. Sure hope you post a review after your Miracle cruise.

Sandy

Years ago my parents were flying out of Arizona on vacation. They arrived at the airport and discovered that all flights were cancelled. The tires on the planes could not withstand the extreme heat! :eek: Imagine that.....

Sure is cold here in Tampa. I might have to wear a long sleeve shirt tomorrow, maybe even a light sweater. I am strongly considering turning on the heater.

Oh you are bad bad!...lol -20 here right now.Guess,I'll put on a long sleeve shirt,a sweater and my parka and go to work.........yuck:confused:

Oh you are bad bad!...lol -20 here right now.Guess,I'll put on a long sleeve shirt,a sweater and my parka and go to work.........yuck:confused:

Same here in NY. I hate this weather! Anyone else?

judy - I do. I have been home for 10 days now and cannot get warm. My body has decided that it greatly enjoys the warmth of the caribbean sun over the cold Canadian winter. Need to cruise more often I guess.

We did not get as much snow as others - "only" 10 inches - but the temps are still way down around minus 20 :mad:

I'm stranded alright - but in Florida :) I was due to fly into Logan last night, but that wasn't happening. I've been rescheduled for Tuesday morning - not that I'm anxious to get back or anything. We don't cruise until Monday 1/31; just give me enough time to pack some clothes, grab the passports and docs, andget back to Logan for the flight out, and I'll be happy!

P.S. I live in Boxborough; Bonnie&Rob - how much snow did you get in Chelmsford? Just wondering what the state of my driveway will be when I do get home. :(

Your driveway will be buried, don't plan to pull in right away. We have more than 2' up my way, and you're not that far from us. Logan was still closed this morning, they were hoping to open around 8:00 with 1 runway. Maybe you want to stay where you are????

We fly to Ft Lauderdale this Saturday for a Sunday departure. Let me know if I should bring your bring your cruise docs with me (LOL) Hopefully the flight schedules will be back on track by then. Doesn't look too bad weatherwise for this week. A couple more inches of snow, but otherwise pretty clear.

Your driveway will be buried, don't plan to pull in right away. We have more than 2' up my way, and you're not that far from us. Logan was still closed this morning, they were hoping to open around 8:00 with 1 runway. Maybe you want to stay where you are????

We fly to Ft Lauderdale this Saturday for a Sunday departure. Let me know if I should bring your bring your cruise docs with me (LOL) Hopefully the flight schedules will be back on track by then. Doesn't look too bad weatherwise for this week. A couple more inches of snow, but otherwise pretty clear.

Thanks for the update - I think :(

If it weren't for the important docs, I would absolutely stay where I am - but I'll keep your offer in mind ;)

Thanks again and keep warm.

Archived