Hot Spicy food on Summit?

I love hot spicy food - Chinese, Mexican, Indian, etc. Are there any specific locations or foods you can recommend for me on Summit? Will be sailing in June, to Bermuda. Thanks :)

They have stir fry and you can ask what spices they have to

go with it. (up at the buffet area)

They have a Mexican area at the pool....you can make your own tacos

and put as many jalenpeno's as you want on top:D...and nachos too.

I don't recall seeing any chinese food.

They have sushi and you can get all the wasabi you want too;)

If you are talking about the main dining room? Sometimes if you

tell your Maitr'd you would like something special they will be glad

to oblige your request. Let him know you would like a spicey Indian

dish for dinner one evening....bet they will do it for you:)

The best location on the ship for spicy ethnic food would probably be in the crew dining room:D.

I have often wished I could sample some of their cuisine instead of the bland Americanized version of ethnic food that is served to the passengers.

Anybody ever have luck sneaking a taste of the crew's food?

The best location on the ship for spicy ethnic food would probably be in the crew dining room:D.

I have often wished I could sample some of their cuisine instead of the bland Americanized version of ethnic food that is served to the passengers.

<Can of Worms Mode: Open>

OMG, can you imagine if you could get an International Personal Chef Package!? :D Would it include regular food from the MDR, or ONLY personal chef food? Does it include bottled water from other countries? Could you share a bite with your companion, or do you need to each have the package? Can you buy it for one day at a time, or do you need to get it for the entire voyage? What about having your International Personal Chef Package food delivered via room service?

<Can of Worms Mode: Closed>

...and NO! The package would not be called CAN OF WORMS PACKAGE! :D

No....if they ever found someone sneaking around....it would be walking

the plank for one or more of those crewmembers:eek:...passengers are

definitely NOT allowed to the crew quarters.

I also love spicy food. To give you an idea, my parents and Wife are from India.

On Mercury, I LOVED the Indian food. I ate it every day which is surprising, I'm usually a meat and burger guy.

The Stir Fry is excellent. Good ingredients, and especially great sauces such as oyster sauce, sweet chile, sambal, etc.

That and a side of Pepto Bismal was my daily staple.... ;)

We have quite often been served an Indian food sampler from the crew dining room at dinner in the main restaurant. The secret is to talk nicely to an Indian Asst. Matre 'D.

John.

We have quite often been served an Indian food sampler from the crew dining room at dinner in the main restaurant. The secret is to talk nicely to an Indian Asst. Matre 'D.

John.

. . .and how was it? I bet you can also get some good and spicy Indonesian and Filipino food that way, too.;)

I love hot spicy food - Chinese, Mexican, Indian, etc. Are there any specific locations or foods you can recommend for me on Summit? Will be sailing in June, to Bermuda. Thanks :)

What they call spicy is NOT. You would have to work something out with your waiter. Now the Indian curries on the Solstice buffet did have flavor. :)

I also love spicy food. To give you an idea, my parents and Wife are from India.

On Mercury, I LOVED the Indian food. I ate it every day which is surprising, I'm usually a meat and burger guy.

The Stir Fry is excellent. Good ingredients, and especially great sauces such as oyster sauce, sweet chile, sambal, etc.

That and a side of Pepto Bismal was my daily staple.... ;)

Is the Indian food in the MDR, or buffet? (can I get some for breakfast?)

The Indian food I refer to was in the buffet, every day. A few staple items, plus one special. Didn't see it for breakfast. MDR? I guess that depends on what you want, and how accomodating your waiters and maitre'd folks are. I have seen it custom made for the MDR patrons before.

+++++++++++++++++++++=

Echo JediKnight !

Ask your MDR Maitre De for alternate menu and specifically ask if they can get you good Indian food in the MDR. SPICY does not mean hot ! Although it will taste hot to an American Pallette.

If all else fails, ask for SAMBAL sauce on the side. Great stuff. Use it everyday ! See if you can find it locally in an ehtnic market. Original is from Thiland. Chinese version a little lacking for me.

This January had all 3 table mate couples were onto Sambal once tasted ! .

If you are lucky, you may get a very good Indian chef...(unseen, not heard from the galley...BTW Mercury has an Indian chef (EXCELLENT) on the buffet rest. Ask to speak to Soumesh. He is always around and helpful. !

Just off Summitt last week - we were thrilled that they had Indian items (at least on the days we ate up there) on the buffet up in the Cafe (our favorite ethnic cuisine) with good spice (not toned down as often is the case with buffets) There was also Tandorri Chicken on the menu one night in the main dining room - very good! Enjoy!

PS - we thought that the food was quite good in the main dining room. Don't miss the halibut - excellent!

Thanks for the heads up on Tandoori chicken, Vickykay and I love halibut! Any others you remember with fondness?;) The sambal sauce is new to me and we have a nice collection of Caribbean spices collected from out travels, thanks so much for that tip!

The chauteaubriad (sorry about the spelling ) was also very good -perfectly cooked and tender. We also really enjoyed "grandma" pork chop (excellent) on the last formal night (also requested and received a lobster tail with it. Enjoy!

vicky

Archived