have you purchased the photo cd?

We didn't purchase it on our last cruise. I forgot how much it cost, I want to say 199-, but I'm not sure. I do remember thinking it wasn't worth it (for us), maybe b/c we have a lot of them from each cruise we have been on, we're down to purchasing like 4-6 and that's it. I do wonder how much the cd costs now???

In Feb. on the Liberty, it was $299.

I didn't buy it, but for a large family I could see it making sense. You can review all your photos on a kiosk, so you'll know exactly what you're getting. If your whole family takes every opportunity to have their photo made, you could end up getting a ton of nice pictures for that price, which would be a bargain.

If Costa is only $75, I can't help but wonder if they do as much as RCCL with photos. On our cruise, they had stations set up with studio lighting, backgrounds, etc. You can get pro quality portraits several times during your cruise. These aren't just guys running around getting "grab" shots during events, although they do that, too.

In Feb. on the Liberty, it was $299.

I didn't buy it, but for a large family I could see it making sense. You can review all your photos on a kiosk, so you'll know exactly what you're getting. If your whole family takes every opportunity to have their photo made, you could end up getting a ton of nice pictures for that price, which would be a bargain.

If Costa is only $75, I can't help but wonder if they do as much as RCCL with photos. On our cruise, they had stations set up with studio lighting, backgrounds, etc. You can get pro quality portraits several times during your cruise. These aren't just guys running around getting "grab" shots during events, although they do that, too.

I'm sure Costa's weren't as good. They were portrait stations but they were very poor quality. When I complained to the photographer, he said "If you don't like then don't buy" lol. I won't buy...another Costa cruise. Wasted vacation time on getting photos made...grr.I hated Costa

Before you decide if it is worth it compare to your local photo shop/Olan Mills type place to see what the prices are for some of their packages. If you have a large group or family, it might be worth it. If you are purchasing a large number of photos, again, possibly worth it.

I counted up our pics and we had over 90 taken of just the 2 of us during a week- that was hitting up most formal night photo stations and a couple on non-formal nights. We purchased maybe 4 8x10s at $20 each.

So figure a larger family- shots of kids, shots of parents, shots of grands, whole family, etc etc and all of a sudden, this is a value.

I believe there are some stock ship shots on the cd.

You also obviously get control of the size of the prints.

Your cost to print the pics would be extra, and I have found that the ship photos do scan very nicely.

I probably wouldn't buy the CD but I could see how it would offer value for some families.

special note- we always buy ship photos. That is the only way I can get a picture with me actually in it that looks good! I am usually behind the camera. :rolleyes:

We are a family of 6 sailing in April. I thought it might be worth it to purchase the photo cd of all the pictures taken of all of us during the week. Just wondering if anyone has done this.

I just learned about this option earlier and for a larger family - it seems to make sense. We were on the Mariner a year and a half ago and I wish they had that option. With all the pictures they take during the cruise it was difficult to decide NOT to get a picture (because of the cost). We ended up spending about $600 total (among the family). A CD (to me) will be what our family (of 7) will be taking advantage of this cruise. If I see a photographer - he's working had for the money (so hard for it honey....):D

Archived