Princess: Bring back the s.f. Sailings!

4cats4me

Count us in for more cruises out of San Francisco! Last fall we boarded in SF on Star to Australia - 30 days of pure bliss. Of course since we don't fly, we made it a b/b and ended in LA !!

We can put up with LA sailings as it's not that far to drive. Have you all seen the new Princess 28-day itinerary for Fall of 2011 - October 22nd - Sapphire ROUNDTRIP from LA to all ports (except Kona) in Hawaii, then on to two ports in Samoa, then Bora Bora, Moorea, and Papeete in Tahiti, but you gotta LOVE those sea days as it's an 8-day nonstop cruise back to LA from Papeete !! We're booked! Roll Call already in amazing motion!

Add our vote for more SF departures. I know there's a group of us from the Sacramento area that cruise out of SF every chance we get. Does anyone know when or if the Pier 27 Cruise Terminal will be finished? Maybe that's one thing the lines are waiting for.

We know that Princess higher-ups do read this board, so let's

get a showing of hands [postings] of those who want the

San Francisco based sailings reinstated. Let's show Princess

how serious we are about our love of sailings from San Francisco.:)

Bring them on....I will be on those sailings out of the beautiful city by the bay as often as possible. I don't even care where it goes...by Hawaii comes to mind. I have done Mexico and Alaska to death but am willing to go again and again if only they are available. I see the Alaska is available this year, next year, but hopefully Princess will give us a little better ship than the Sea. How about the Island or Coral ...heck, the Golden or Grand would be the best, though.

Please mark my vote for more cruises out of SF and since I am dreaming, maybe some ports other than Cabo, PV and Mazatlan. La Paz and Topo also both come to mind ...but Hawaii would be a dream (and no, I cannot take a 30 day sailing....2 weeks is perfect, though, especially if leaving from the City.

I agree, let's bring back more sailings from SF. Gotta love the last cruise I took out of SF:rolleyes:, had tv news and police all over breaking up the fights all while trying to board the ship while folks were still getting off:eek::eek:. Heck, even the transfer bus from airport gave us a tour of the wharf,:eek:several times.

Must admit watching the utter chaos was one of the strangest things I ever saw and knew right at that moment I was in for the most interesting cruise ever (BTW, as sad as this sounds, it was a one way through Panama Canal to FLL, and at each port, either an ambulance or van took someone off the ship).

On top of that, ship made a detour to help a small boat off the coast of Mexico, from what we were told, the folks on board that boat had passed on.

But don't get me wrong, loved sailing under the Golden Gate:D

San Francisco is a very do-able port even for those of us in the middle of the country. In fact it's easier to get to SF than FLL. We enjoyed our one cruise from San Francisco and the time we spent in the city beforehand. It's sad not to have it as an option.

The best thing you could do is rather than petition Princess, Petition the speaker of the house who is from the bay area to reppeal the Jones Act. Once that happens, cruise lines like Princess can run trips that don't need to stop in foreign ports enroute.

Count us in for more sailings out of San Francisco! Seven day coastals sound awesome, but we are interested in anything out of San Francisco. We look Sea Princess to Alaska earlier this month - we chose it based on the San Francisco roundtrip sailing.

Ready to book July 2011 SF roundtrip to Alaska on the Sea Princess.

Has anyone else thought about booking this early? Is Princess thinking of discontinuing these SF trips? CC Boards mention this.

Ready to book July 2011 SF roundtrip to Alaska on the Sea Princess.

Has anyone else thought about booking this early? Is Princess thinking of discontinuing these SF trips? CC Boards mention this.

You should be safe booking that voyage. Princess has definite plans to move Sea Princess to Australia following the 2011 Alaska season.

Archived