what happens AFTER you manage to sneak some booze onboard?

pikabu

Hello!

This is my first post on cruisecritic, so please be gentle :)

Regardless to whether or not sneaking alcohol onboard to morally acceptable... my question is if you do manage to get some in (via rumrunners or plastic bottles), how do you keep it cold? I read that some people have their stewards clear space in the fridge and store them there, but won't the stewards look inside it while they're cleaning the room? Similarly, I read that people bring ice coolers on board and have them replenished daily with ice to keep their alcohol cold... but doesn't that required the stewards looking inside them and see that you're storing beer/liquor, etc? Do they not 'tell' on you?

Thanks for your input everyone!!!

Stewards are paid by tips from the passengers. They aren't telling.

Some people worry that the supervisors who check rooms every now and them might care. But there are hundreds of trip reports from people who smuggle. None that I recall ever report trouble once on board.

That said, some amount of decorum is needed. If you sneak a bottle into the ship, don't bring it out in public.

Hello!

This is my first post on cruisecritic, so please be gentle :)

Regardless to whether or not sneaking alcohol onboard to morally acceptable... my question is if you do manage to get some in (via rumrunners or plastic bottles), how do you keep it cold? I read that some people have their stewards clear space in the fridge and store them there, but won't the stewards look inside it while they're cleaning the room? Similarly, I read that people bring ice coolers on board and have them replenished daily with ice to keep their alcohol cold... but doesn't that required the stewards looking inside them and see that you're storing beer/liquor, etc? Do they not 'tell' on you?

Thanks for your input everyone!!!

No, they don't "tell on" you. They'll be happy to bring ice to wherever you want to store it. The in-cabin "refrigerators" aren't all that cold, so that may not be an option. That's why people bring coolers.

Personally, dragging along all the extras just so I can prove I can break rules has never really appealed to me. I just budget for alcohol and consider it part of the vacation expense.

Archived