Restaurant seating for suite passengers?

getfuzzyfan

One of the items in the list of what is included in a Celebrity Suite on the Equinox/Solstice is "Main & specialty restaurant seating preferences." What does this really mean? Has anyone had experience in taking advantage of this aspect of a suite?

I personally believe that where you are seated is directly related to how many cruises you've been on with X. My parents get the table next to the Grand Piano, I get the table next to the swinging kitchen door. No complaints, though... its better than cooking at home :D

I personally believe that where you are seated is directly related to how many cruises you've been on with X. My parents get the table next to the Grand Piano, I get the table next to the swinging kitchen door. No complaints, though... its better than cooking at home :D

LOL...yup, as long as I don't have to wash the dishes.

I thought I read somewhere that a suite guest gets "preferred" seating in the main dining room, and that would seem right considering when I had a sky suite, we had great table by the window. Unless of course, that was sheer coincidence.

When we had a suite on Century, we requested and got a table upstairs at the rail. think they relayed the request to the dining room coordinator. For our current reservation (non-suite), was told they could not request location and to do it on board.

Thank you. But doesn't everybody get their preferred dining request anyways? Early, late, anytime? So I still don't understand why it is shown as a perk of having a suite.

In most cases, yes most everyone gets their preferrred dining time - but on some cruises one of the dining times will fill up and late booking passengers will have to take what is left. For example, we booked a short Caribbean cruise at the last minute and all that was left was late dining - no problem for us as that is what we wanted. On European cruises, late dining fills up quickly for several reasons such as: long port days and people don’t want to rush back for dinner; there are more Europeans on board who normally eat late.

How would the Maitre'd know that you have a suite?

When they set up the dining assignments (before you even board the ship), they do have your cabin info - so they know if you are in a suite.

Archived