Advice for departure day

fchoppa

I am not sure what to do. My family myself, DH, 3 kids and 1 grandma have a flight home from Fort Lauderdale leaving at 3:30. We are arriving at the port of Miami at 8am. Should we have a car service pick us up at the port and go straight to the FLL airport, or should we rent a car and drive there so we could stop and do something little on the way. I am so confused. On one hand I feel waiting at the airport till 3:30 will be to long especially with the kids. Then on the other hand I feel the time will be to short to rent a car. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

Rent a car!!!

Let the kids run around on the beach, have a nice lunch, then head to the airport.

By then, maybe the kids will be ready for a snooze on the plane, rather than being sick of sitting around already!!! :)

Good luck with which ever way you decide!!

you can't check your luggage at the airport until around 4 hours before the flight...(you could see if your cruise line/airline offers any sort of baggage check in...)

i would rent the car and have a little fun....at least you will have a place for your stuff....

We reserved a van thru Hertz (downtown Miami location). The van was $73. Cheaper than hiring a car. They will pick you up at the port and take you to their rental location. There was not an extra fee for Fort Lauderdale drop off. I would rent - you can stop and sightsee and your luggage is taken care of.

Often the cruise lines offer an excursion that combines the transfer to the airport with some sort of sightseeing activity. I have done these before and they're a great way to kill time, have a secure place to put your things, and eek a bit more out of that last vacation day!

Archived