Cigar smoking on balcony?

On my first cruise, I had a balcony. I never bothered to look into the rules and do not smoke myself. I smelled cigar smoke often (several times a day) on the balconies. I figured if I was a smoker, it's what I would do, too.

• 2 years later...
Ok' date=' I know this thread is stale.

But I was wonder if the smoking rules have changed. :confused:

My DH likes to chill out on the balcony with a good cigar in one hand and a drink in the other.

[b']Is this still allowed[/b]???

Yes, it is still allowed. There have been no recent changes regarding smoking on your balcony. Enjoy!

If a steward tells you smoking is not allowed in the cabins, he/she is wrong. Smoking is allowed in cabins (except Cloud 9 Spa cabins).

And no.....I don't smoke in the cabins or hotel rooms, whether they allow smoking or not.

From Carnival's website:

Effective December 1, 2011, smoking will be prohibited in all guest staterooms. Those guests in balcony accommodations will be permitted to smoke cigarettes and cigars outside on the balcony. Spa staterooms, currently featured on Carnival Splendor, Carnival Dream and Carnival Magic, will continue to remain entirely smoke-free, including on the balconies.

From Carnival's website:

Effective December 1, 2011, smoking will be prohibited in all guest staterooms. Those guests in balcony accommodations will be permitted to smoke cigarettes and cigars outside on the balcony. Spa staterooms, currently featured on Carnival Splendor, Carnival Dream and Carnival Magic, will continue to remain entirely smoke-free, including on the balconies.

Uhm....KenMo's answer was valid two and a half years ago when he posted it, lol!! :D

Thanks for the quick reply.

Happy sailings to you!

You're welcome!:D

Within two and half more years ---- I'll bet there'll be no smoking on balconies either :)

I'll take that bet, that smoking WILL still be allowed on balconies on Carnival....:)

I am an avid cigar smoker, 3-4 per day. I love to smoke on my balcony on a cruise. It is sublime to watch the ocean go by as I enjoy my passion. I would never ever smoke in the room. However I do understand that the smoke is offensive to some. I never want to offend anyone with the smoke and would gladly put it out if asked. Although I do get way more compliments on how good it smells, than complaints. I think it is time for Carnival to address the issue. Perhaps they could ask at booking if you prefer smoking or non smoking. Then they could put all the non smokers in the front of the ship, all the smokers to the back of the ship. I realize that this solution has problems, but at least it would be a start. Since there are way more non smokers, they would still get the better cabins. Smokers are already used to going out of their way to smoke, would get, what they get. Once again my solution is not perfect, but I don't think there is a perfect solution. Probably that is why Carnival doesn't open this can of worms.

I smoke em out there. Kinda windy when you are underway. Great in port. The Carnival Dream has a small humidor and specialty single malt scotches etc in the Ocean Plaza bar area. Right outside the door there is a great place to enjoy a cigar out of the wind when you're underway.

So does that mean you can smoke on your balcony (Legend). What about cigarettes?

Husband enjoyed his nightly cigar from our aft balcony on the Legend just a few months ago.

The only balcony where smoking is prohibited are the Spa Balconies.

I smoke em out there. Kinda windy when you are underway. Great in port. The Carnival Dream has a small humidor and specialty single malt scotches etc in the Ocean Plaza bar area. Right outside the door there is a great place to enjoy a cigar out of the wind when you're underway.

Never purchased from their humi's - they really don't keep them too well. Always bring my own.

I enjoy cigars as well, if you can't tell from my handle! ;)

Ok' date=' I know this thread is stale.

But I was wonder if the smoking rules have changed. :confused:

My DH likes to chill out on the balcony with a good cigar in one hand and a drink in the other.

Is this still allowed???[/quote']

Boy, am i ever gonna have to pay more attention!:o I just read this whole thing thinking it was new and haing a good ol' time with the complainers. :rolleyes:

This spring my sister and I went on a cruise together.

We were walking, on Conquest, on the deck above the top level of balconies.

I smelled something really vile and thought it was sewage.

And then my sister told me that it was a cigar and I looked down and there was a guy sitting on a balcony smoking.:eek:

I was really glad that I was in an inside cabin.:)

But it really did smell like sewage.

One more reason I don't want a balcony.

you may love your cigars..most others don't...go to the cigar bar..why ruin my vacation for your minor comfort..I am super sensitive to cigars and some idiot is always smoking where its prohibited let alone where it is just rude

So 'they're' the "idiot" and "rude" for smoking where it's permitted?

You are the type who makes people 'not' want to be sensitive to others needs/wants.

This spring my sister and I went on a cruise together.

We were walking, on Conquest, on the deck above the top level of balconies.

I smelled something really vile and thought it was sewage.

And then my sister told me that it was a cigar and I looked down and there was a guy sitting on a balcony smoking.:eek:

I was really glad that I was in an inside cabin.:)

But it really did smell like sewage.

One more reason I don't want a balcony.

Wonder if he lite up to mask the smell of your perfume? :eek:

Sorry!! Just a little humor here... :D Couldn't resist.

Seriously, I can't stand the smell of cheap cigars, however do like the smell of a good one.

Thing that bothers me the most are women who wear heavy cologne and the scent follows them wherever they walk.

Don't get me wrong, I wear perfume, I just don't BATH in it. ;)

Wonder if he lite up to mask the smell of your perfume? :eek:

Sorry!! Just a little humor here... :D Couldn't resist.

Seriously' date=' I can't stand the smell of cheap cigars, however do like the smell of a good one.

Thing that bothers me the most are women who wear heavy cologne and the scent follows them wherever they walk.

Don't get me wrong, I wear perfume, I just don't BATH in it. ;)[/quote']

Oh Naughti I'm so with you!!! But I find more of the older men bathe themselves in cheap cologne, ugh makes it so hard to breath!!!!!

If you got em, smoke em............. but keep your perfume/cologne to yourself, if you can smell it, it's too heavy!!!

Archived