Oh yeah (puts on fireproof suit)

Krissta

My first cruise will be in august and I love junk food aka desserts :) I want to try a new one each night. Do they let you try more than one dessert in one night? Just asking LOL

In the dining room, if you so choose, you could have 2 desserts for your appetizer, 2 desserts for your soup course, 2 for your salad, 2 ,3, 4, or more for your entrée, and then as many as you could stand for dessert. You can do the same with anything on the menu. If all the soups sound wonderful, have a meal of all soups. WHATEVER YOU WANT! I've heard of people having 8 lobsters tails. I always order rib AND lobster and give the lobster to my wife because she will not order 2.

Is the Grand Marnier Souffle available in the MDR on Spirit? If so, how often?

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

On Spirit Alaska cruises they substitute with whale blubber. J/K :D

Never been on the Spirit, but I would assume so. GMS is only available on 1 night ... sigh.

The bitter and blanc is my favorite! My partner eats the warm chocolate melting cake every night, he has already started talking about it for our cruise next week!

I have had it under done and it is still tasty. I disagree what some say that it tastes like raw cake batter, most cake batters contain a whole lot more four, and are not usually so intensely chocolaty. More like a flourless chocolate cake in a ramekin.

i can tell you why your b&b does not taste like carnivals. the do not use brioche like every recipe i have seen for it. they use cake. when they make round cakes they actually start with sheet cakes and cut the rounds and they use cake scraps for the b&b. i saw this being done on a galley tour and the chef told me. next time you have it look closely at the little triangles sticking out of the top and you can see it is cake.

smiles, bee

I think that you are on to something! To me the bitter and blanc tastes like really good yellow butter cake with white and dark chocolate! I have had to convince people to order it because they hate bread pudding, and when they tried it, they loved it!

I love Ceasar Salad but they do put way to much achovie paste in their dressing.

I say they use paste...does anyone think they use whole anchovies?

If you look through it closely, you will see tiny little bits of the anchovies in it

...some might be about the size of a grain of rice:)

I had the WCMC and I love chocolate but found it too rich. I ended up having 3 ice creams just to off set the sweetness. I could never finish it. I will have to try the B and B this summer

1 nightly..I scooot the ice cream off to the side, for me it is a distraction from the WCMC:D

Do I ever want to ask about the caloric values of these deserts?

No! just enjoy them;)

I just do the best of both worlds. I order a warm chocolate melting cake each night along with another dessert if both sound too good to pass up. And don't worry, none of it goes to waste, both desserts somehow mysteriously disappear by the end of the meal. I guess it's a good thing that this next cruise we will be on deck 2, I'll have a lot of stairs to walk up to get to the Lido deck, although not as many to get to the dining room. But still, walking up to the Lido should allow me to have my 2 desserts each night :)

I love Ceasar Salad but they do put way to much achovie paste in their dressing.

I say they use paste...does anyone think they use whole anchovies?

They use whole 'chovies in mine. Because I order a side of anchovies with my salad! Same as with a pizza, I order whole raw anchovies on the side.

Cooked 'chovies are DISGUSTING.

I just got back from a cruise on the Miracle and I have to say that there weren't any bad desserts on that ship! :D

I had both the WCMC and B&B and both were excellent. I have to say that my 2 favorites were the White Chocolate Bread pudding and the chocolate amaretto cake. I could've eaten both of those all week and have been happy as a clam. :)

The breakfast pastries on the Lido breakfast buffet rocked, too. :D

Just my 2¢...

Heather :)

They use whole 'chovies in mine. Because I order a side of anchovies with my salad! Same as with a pizza, I order whole raw anchovies on the side.

Cooked 'chovies are DISGUSTING.

a salad without chovies is not a ceasar salad....if you order a ceasar salad expect anchovies....it is an ingredient. :rolleyes:

a salad without chovies is not a ceasar salad....if you order a ceasar salad expect anchovies....it is an ingredient. :rolleyes:

I have read 2 different things [actually more than 2] about the beginnings of Ceasar Salad. One, that in making the dressing in the bowl,[always to be made in the serving bowl] a small amount of anchovy is to be ground into the dressing along with the other ingredients. This would not be much anchovy and no pieces of fish would be discernible but a hint nof the flavor would be there.

The other is that Worcestershire sauce is to be one of the dressing ingredients and it contains some anchovy. So not a lot of anchovy in either case.

I'm happy with 3 to 5 fillets chopped up and added to the salad, no matter how much anchovy was used in the dressing.

Archived