Oh yeah (puts on fireproof suit)

Krissta

Bitter and blanc is infinitely better than the warm chocolate melting cake.

:D

But seriously, had the WCMC on the first day, took one bite, and thought I was gonna throw up if I ate any more. WAY too rich. The bitter and blanc was amazing. And I just might have to make it sometime soon.

MUCH better!!!!!! The WCMC really wasn't that great! And so many restaurants have it now locally!

What is the b & B and anyone have favs must try and don't waist my time

It's a combination of white and dark chocolate pudding with a bread pudding topping (well, sort of).

You sure can!! :) I LOVE Bitter and Blanc!! Did someone say they have the recipe??????:eek:

Portions :700

Ingredients Quantity

Egg yolk 15 lb

Sugar 10 lb

Brioche bread 36 no. ( 9 four inch pans)

Heavy cream 14 ea

White chocolate 40 lbs

Butter 15 lbs

Meringue :

Egg whites 12 lb

Sugar 8 lb

For Vanilla sauce :

Milk 6 ltr

Sugar 1 kg

Corn flour 300 gms

Egg yolks 40 ea

Vanilla extract few drops

For greasing :

Butter solids 4 lbs

Sugar 6 lb

Ganache 8 lb

METHOD :

• For Vanilla sauce, boil milk & sugar, cream yolks & cornflour & whisk in the milk,add vanilla extract & cook on slow heat till it reaches a coating consistency. Strain
  • Remove the sides of the brioche bread, cut into dices & soak in cream.
  • Melt the chocolate with butter & keep aside.
  • In a mixing bowl, cream sugar & yolk, add the melted chocolate on slow speed.
  • Add the bread & cream, mix well.
  • In a separate bowl, prepare meringue & fold into the bread mixture.
  • Grease the soufflé cup, put one spoon of ganache on the base, portion out the pudding mixture, keep aside.
  • Bake in the evening at 180 f for 45 mins. Remove, dust with powdered sugar & serve with vanilla sauce.

Both replies stolen from other threads on the forum.

First Carnival cruise I think I had WCMC every night. Now I just order it on one night. I love trying a different dessert every night. I haven't had the B & B yet, but we are on the Inspiration this Saturday so I will have to try it. I do love the Tiramisu, Cappuccino pie, and Cherries Jubilee. So many desserts, I guess I will just have to keep cruising so I can try them all. My daughter also loves the chocolate cake they have on the room service menu, she tries to order it every day.

But seriously, had the WCMC on the first day, took one bite, and thought I was gonna throw up if I ate any more. WAY too rich. The bitter and blanc was amazing. And I just might have to make it sometime soon.

Definitely no flames here!!!! Finally, a post I can really sink my teeth into (:D I know, I know . . . my bad!!)

Seriously, I never thought I would find so many liked-minded people. This post is great!!

IMO, WCMC really IS far too rich and b&b rules! But can we give some consideration to the creme brulee, too? Kinda matches the b&b in my book. Dang . . . now I'm getting hungry :rolleyes: and no future cruises planned yet. Hope someone has some recipes!

No flaming, from me - I LOVE the Bitter and Blanc. I've tried a couple of recipes, at home, and it just wasn't close.

The key is the right kind of bread. I found a recipe and DW followed it and it was just like Carnival. Then she made another batch but didn't use the exact "right" kind of bread and it wasn't the same.

BTW..Bitter and Blanc is awesome!!! :)

I'm allergic to desserts, they make my body swell up!!:rolleyes:

What is the b & B and anyone have favs must try and don't waist my time

Trying to decide if you are being ironic, or just a bad speller.

All of the goodies certainly go to the waistline and they are so yummy they don't go to waste.

i can tell you why your b&b does not taste like carnivals. the do not use brioche like every recipe i have seen for it. they use cake. when they make round cakes they actually start with sheet cakes and cut the rounds and they use cake scraps for the b&b. i saw this being done on a galley tour and the chef told me. next time you have it look closely at the little triangles sticking out of the top and you can see it is cake.

smiles, bee

I am not picky...I like all the deserts! :p But IF the WCMC is done right, then it is awesome...but I have only had it on two ships that is was done right...under or over done it is icky!

Hubby loves the Bitter and Blanc as do I. I have to be careful or my love of Carnival's desserts can show on my hips!:cool::D

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE BAKED ALASKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/all caps craziness

Seriously, the first thing I ask when I get on a cruise ship is "What night is Baked Alaska night!?!?" It seems to always be Friday.

It's just a rare treat. :)

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE BAKED ALASKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/all caps craziness

Seriously, the first thing I ask when I get on a cruise ship is "What night is Baked Alaska night!?!?" It seems to always be Friday.

It's just a rare treat. :)

Amen! That's my favorite! On my last cruise, I ordered 2 servings of it, and they brought me 2.:D WCMC is okay, but it is extraordinarily rich. Two bites, and I'm full. I never had it on my last cruise. Too many other great desserts!

Amen! That's my favorite! On my last cruise, I ordered 2 servings of it, and they brought me 2.:D WCMC is okay, but it is extraordinarily rich. Two bites, and I'm full. I never had it on my last cruise. Too many other great desserts!

Whoohoo I am glad there's someone else.

I do like the WCMC because I prefer cake batter to actual cake. :D

I've never tried the Bitter and Blanc. I will have to on this next cruise.

I might ask for a double dose of Baked Alaska to take back to my room. Nummy! I've only had it at one restaurant on land.

Archived