Trouble on Navigator

Untrue, under law (Good Samaritan law) if you are acting on good faith, you cannot be sued for anything.

Well, you still can be sued.

It's just that they probably won't win.

Good samaritan laws don't protect against negligence, or abandonment. For example, even if a trained professional had jumped into the empty pool and quickly turned the boy over, causing paralysis from an unstable neck fracture-- even in good faith -- they could be sued because his life was not in imminent danger and he should have been turned more carefully.

And this Good Samaritan law only protects you in the United States.

So yes, they can still sue you. They probably won't win, but when a doctor gets named in any lawsuit, malpractice premiums go up.

And I just got off the Navigator, and found that the netting over the Solarium pool was very tightly secured, and had a great time.

A simple he is improving would do well to make traumatized kids feel better an event that involved them as well as the injured boy...which makes it just as "personal" to them. No one is violating his HIPAA rights by having some concern, asking how he was doing and hoping he was improving. I went back and read a couple of pages after your sour response and the family asked this thread to be stopped because of insensitive people saying mean things about their loved one instead of offering well wishes and prayers. I apologize to anyone who was bothered by the fact that I don't have hours to sit and read through dozens of these pages of posts. I figured the last page would have had the most recent update about his status if anyone knew how he was doing. It is my kids business...they were right there and involved at the scene...It would make them feel better to know he was improving and doing better at any level ...So maybe Bluegurl obviously you have lots of time to sit around read every page of every thread and respond to them all, good for you.... As for your perspective, I wouldn't simply characterize it as harsh I found it to be quite ignorant, self righteous and maybe even it provides you some sense of importance that your tactless existence lacks (to act like the self appointed internet thread police with a huge chip on your shoulder) . It's sour nasty people just like you that remind me why I avoid forums like this. Go ahead and waste your time replying for I won't be back here to read it because quite frankly I couldn't give a rat's tail what you think.

Thank you. I'm sure that made your kids feel better too.

Thank you. I'm sure that made your kids feel better too.

Well since she said she wouldn't be coming back she probably won't see that comment ;)

I do wonder though, you keep telling people this issue is none of their business (myself included), but you keep coming back :rolleyes: I, keep coming back because I am genuinely hoping to hear continuing good news, not to castigate people who are interested. I agreed with your first observation about reading the whole thread but please understand that some of us have kids who are, or soon will be, the same age as the young man and are genuinely hoping he is making a good recovery.

Well since she said she wouldn't be coming back she probably won't see that comment ;)

I do wonder though, you keep telling people this issue is none of their business (myself included), but you keep coming back :rolleyes: I, keep coming back because I am genuinely hoping to hear continuing good news, not to castigate people who are interested. I agreed with your first observation about reading the whole thread but please understand that some of us have kids who are, or soon will be, the same age as the young man and are genuinely hoping he is making a good recovery.

I don't care if anyone sees this comment. This isn't about me or anyone else on here--it's about this kid. I genuinely hope this young man is ok too. I guess my point is that if the family wanted us to know, they would come on here and tell us. Clearly one of his family members knows there's a post about this, and knows that a bunch of people--including people who saw the tragic incident--are curious and genuinely concerned. I'm sure that they are taking the time to care for him rather than to update us on how he's doing. But technically, legally, it's really no one's business other than his family's how he is doing. We have no "right" to know. We all WANT to know he's ok, just like I WANT to know why an employee apparently jumped off Radiance. Just because I don't have kids doesn't mean I don't hope he's ok. I just don't see why people expect to be updated on someone's private information just because their kids were there.

I'm actually not heartless. Just trying to be sensitive to this family and don't really care if that poster got upset at my post. Her kids aren't in the hospital.

We are diamond members. This weekis the first leg of a back to back on the Navigator. Had a really good first week. Spring break is something else. We have cruised in March before, but this was our first spring break experience on RCCL. The kids were loud, which was fine, but a group of boys and girls language skills need much work. The party continued until the Thursday night party. We had a really bad accident early Friday morning. Around 3:30 AM a bunch of kids were hitting a beach ball around the solariam, adult pool, the beach ball hit in the empty pool, which had a net over it. A 23 year old jumped on to the net to retreive the beach ball and hit the bottom of pool. When I got up around 7 and went out on balcony I noticed we were really close to a port. I went up so pool deck to get us a chair and started hearing stories. We deverted back to cosmuel for an emargency evacuation. They had the entire area sealed off with crime tape, a stokes basket with blood on head piece and the lonesome beach ball still in empty pool. Came down to tell my wife, when a large tender with a medical staff pull up under our balcony and we watch coldly as his two room mates with all their clothes got on the tender to a wait their friend. About 30 minutes later they loaded him. Severe head injury with my bionuculars I could see he had racooned eyes and entire head was swollen & was completely immolized. Later the capt came over speaker and without telling exactly what happened, told us he was in extreme critical condition and because of having to divert our course, we would be arriving late in miami by at least an hour. Our prayers our with the family of this young man. I can't beleive the call they revived. You raise your family, send them to school, then college and they go on a spring break an have something like this happen. I am not sure exactly what happened, but all pools were drained and the net was across all of them. I am RCCL is doing all possible to assist this family. I just wanted to let everyone know. This is my first post, but I love this board. Jim

IMG_0290.JPG

Read your own post.

"but a group of boys and girls language skills need much work"

The gramer and speling reeds lyke a therd gradar's.

People in glass houses.....

Archived