Greenock to Chester

Are you sure you're thinking of Greenock? Chester's a long way away from Greenock.

Not familiar with Greenock, and how hard it is to get across to the north side of the Firth without going thru Glasgow, but if there's a way, and perhaps even if there isn't, I would get up into the highlands, perhaps to Oban, for the day.

Are you on a cruise which docks at Holyhead or Liverpool, as well as Greenock? I'm just thinking that you may have the destinations mixed, as Chester is in England, close to the Welsh border, and Greenock is in Scotland.....it would take me 3 hours to drive to Chester ( a beautiful ancient city), and I'm 3 hours south of Greenock.

Jo.

I think that graciallen is on the 22 August 2010 sailing of Crown Princess - so that would make it a Liverpool call on 26 August, I think.

ABSOLUTELY correct!! omg,:rolleyes: I am fixated on getting to Edinburgh from Greenock that I posted a bit of both! Yes, I do mean getting to Chester from Liverpool. Chester looks lovely. So, what is a must see??

And can I do it cheaper without a ships tour??

ABSOLUTELY correct!! omg,:rolleyes: I am fixated on getting to Edinburgh from Greenock that I posted a bit of both! Yes, I do mean getting to Chester from Liverpool. Chester looks lovely. So, what is a must see??

Must see/do:

Chester Cathedral

Walk the roman City Walls

Museums (if you are into that)

HOHO Bus

The river Dee/river cruise

Good for shopping

There are independent tours out of Liverpool that will take you to Chester for the day or incorporate the city into a lengthier tour including North Wales and Snowdonia (beautiful/scenic/mountains/SHEEP).

Ships tour/own arranged is a personal choice.

If you wanted to explore Chester independently, there is a train from Liverpool to Chester at half hour intervals throughout the day. (Same coming back) It takes about 45 minutes. A daily "Saveaway" ticket would cost about £5. This is valid for one day on all trains, buses and ferry after 9.30am weekdays, all day Sat and Sun. Trains run on the Wirral line from all Liverpool stations, closest to the dock is James Street. Timetable link-

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/railindex.asp

but only goes up to May 22nd.

kate

Archived