Do I need to bring Social Security Card?

crusin'2

Now I read this *somewhere* but don't remember where. Perhaps on a Las Vegas site.

this only applies to slots. And only to one payout (jackpot) on slots. (for example if you win $500 five times you don't have to fill out the form, although *technically* you're supposed to report the win;)).

The same is true with blackjack and craps. You're winning and losing and winning and losing and losing ..... that you won't be given the form.

Yes -- I know someone who won VERY big on a HAL ship playing poker. While they checked the security camera to make certain that everything was lagit, they gave him a free drink. Then they checked his passport and gave him his money. And he did get a 1099 form once he got home -- the government wanted their share of his winings.

I don't believe that cruise ships operating in international waters file a 1099 with the US government for winners.

Wanna bet? I've gotten the W2G/1099 forms on wins on RCI, Cunard and Princess ships. It sucks, imho. My accountant has researched this issue and you're even supposed to declare winnings if you're lucky in places like the Bahamas or Monte Carlo.

Archived