Carnival Dream 7C Cove Balcony

Bob and Linda

The single best thing about the Cove cabins is the proximity to the water. The view is fantastic!

Other than that, it's pretty much a regular balcony cabin!

:)

Due to the proximity to the water, my wife already said NO to a cove balcony as we research the Magic to Europe in 2011! I tried to talk some sense to her (I think it would be cool) but I think she sees waves coming over the balcony. Oh well. Now we are looking at a 8D.

My motto: Happy Wifey, Happy Lifey!

Due to the proximity to the water, my wife already said NO to a cove balcony as we research the Magic to Europe in 2011! I tried to talk some sense to her (I think it would be cool) but I think she sees waves coming over the balcony. Oh well. Now we are looking at a 8D.

My motto: Happy Wifey, Happy Lifey!

We were in 30 foot seas sailing out of New York and we didn't get waves on the balcony... wet for sure but waves, nope...

:D

are looking into one of these Cove balconys for april 2011. Any idea how fast these things sell out as we cannot totally commit to a date yet for schooling purposes..thanks

There's only 110 of them and because of popularity and price they sell out fast.

There are also watertight doors that would be closed in high seas, if necessary. Someone on this board has pictures of the process taking place while cruising in the Med.

They had encountered 40 foot seas in the Med when the doors were closed. We still had access to our balcony with 30 foot seas.

The weather doors look like they'll be very secure.

Dream066.jpg

The only negative to the cove balcony that I can think of is a little less sunshine from above. You might feel a bit closed in. But if you just want to nap and get away from the sun, they're perfect.

We never saw the sun on our sailing so I can't speak to that but I CAN tell you that the view from a seated position is better on the Coves than a standard balcony.

The area below the rail is very open and makes watching the sea a great experience.

Dream019.jpg

Yikes.....

Just curious....in those kind of seas....Is everyone sick....and the stories of vomit bags everywhere?????

How about the 30????

Love cruising......but i have an awesome respect for the ocean and it does scare the heck outta me:o

Thanks

K

edit....what time of year was this?

Did you happen to hear any noise from above?

We never saw the sun on our sailing so I can't speak to that but I CAN tell you that the view from a seated position is better on the Coves than a standard balcony.

The area below the rail is very open and makes watching the sea a great experience.

Dream019.jpg

Thanks everyone. I think we'll give one a try on the 01/29/11 sailing.

We've had regular balcony on every cruise, except on The Dream, when we picked a cove balcony. First the price difference was nice, secondly, we LOVED the cove balcony. So will you! Would suggest being slightly forward, we were in #2309 which we felt was a great location. Enjoy!!!!

Yikes.....

Just curious....in those kind of seas....Is everyone sick....and the stories of vomit bags everywhere?????

How about the 30????

Love cruising......but i have an awesome respect for the ocean and it does scare the heck outta me:o

Thanks

K

edit....what time of year was this?

We sailed in mid November and got stuck in a record setting Nor'easter.

There were quite a few stick folks but I was amazed at the number of people that did just fine!!

There were sick sacks available at all of the elevator locations and in some of the other public areas.

Did you happen to hear any noise from above?

I did. We were directly below the galley and at the peak of the storm I heard some plates and such crashing to the floor and carts banging around.

Having said that, I doubt that under normal circumstances there would be any sound at all...

We've had regular balcony on every cruise, except on The Dream, when we picked a cove balcony. First the price difference was nice, secondly, we LOVED the cove balcony. So will you! Would suggest being slightly forward, we were in #2309 which we felt was a great location. Enjoy!!!!

Yea we're booked in 2309 b2b in Jan:D

Yikes.....

In the Med it was in October. There might have been a 40 foot swell, but I'm not even sure about that.

Surprisingly few were sick and I think it wasn't necessary to close the weather doors as it turned out. They close them manually so it takes a while, so sometimes that will happen. But it shouldn't happen often, especially in the Caribbean.

We were supposed to go to Barcelona from Messina but ended up abandoning that plan, skipping the port and heading for the next port Monte Carlo instead.

Net result was that the ship was actually in bad weather longer than if we had just plowed through to Barcelona, but we were sheltered to some extent by Sardinia and Corsica .

I think it is a great rough water ship - the extra tonnage is noticeable.

I love it when there are bumps in the sea. :)

• 1 month later...
These Cove Balconies are just tooooo popular , and tooooo cheap.

I wouldn't wait tooooo long to book , there arn't toooooo many .

We have the cove balcony for july 17 this summer...but now I see we paid the same as a regular balcony...wonder why, we booked sometime ago! And have paid in full...we will have fun with our sons wedding on the beach in st thomas..but....wonder why others paid less!

We have the cove balcony for july 17 this summer...but now I see we paid the same as a regular balcony...wonder why, we booked sometime ago! And have paid in full...we will have fun with our sons wedding on the beach in st thomas..but....wonder why others paid less!

Are you looking at todays prices? Because there might have been a price drop, making the regular balcony now the price you paid for a cove, and the cove less expensive. EM

I sailed in a Cove balcony a couple of weeks ago and fell in LOVE with them. I upgraded us from an inside to a Cove based on Host Mach's wonderful review. Having sailed in a wide variety of cabins -- this is my new favorite cabin category. The view of the water was spectacular!

http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y316/Luvs2Cruise_album/Dream%20Cruise/DreamSunset.jpg

Here are a couple of other shots we took from our Cove balcony...

View of the small "cut out areas" by your feet -

http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y316/Luvs2Cruise_album/Dream%20Cruise/DreamWater.jpg

View of the water coming off the bow of the ship -

http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y316/Luvs2Cruise_album/Dream%20Cruise/DSCN1582.jpg

We were in cabin #2288. It was extremely quiet. There was nothing across from us as well as I made sure that galley wasn't above us when picking our cabin. It was a great location.

Archived