Elite/Platinum lounge

Dorset Cruiser

My DH and I are both platinum, and we do enjoy going to this lounge most nights. Our next cruise in December, we aren't planning on bringing formal wear. Will it be frowned upon if we go to the lounge on formal nights in smart casual clothes? I know it's my vacation and I should do what makes me happy, but just thought I'd see what others thought. Thanks

My DH and I are both platinum, and we do enjoy going to this lounge most nights. Our next cruise in December, we aren't planning on bringing formal wear. Will it be frowned upon if we go to the lounge on formal nights in smart casual clothes? I know it's my vacation and I should do what makes me happy, but just thought I'd see what others thought. Thanks

Not at all. Many people are dress casually to go to the lounge and then either go to dinner dressed like that or change afterwards to go to the DR.

No problem at all. We have late traditional dining and I have often been in the PES lounge in shorts or jeans and a polo shirt before going back to the cabin to put the DJ on.

I'm doing a B2B in November. After the first cruise Nov 25-30 I'll become Platinum. I will stay on the ship from Nov 30-Dec 10. Will I be able to get all the Platinum perks or does it take some time to adjust my status ?

Your status will be recognised immediately you start the second cruise on your B2B, you will be able to use the lounge and should get your free internet minutes.

BTW, the drinks are no longer $5, they are $6.50 and the drink menu is completely changed. No more favorites, Chairman, cosmo, el major, rob roy, etc... unless you pay full price. New drink menu is odd, to say the least.

The drinks were all ones we have never heard of and few people seemed to be ordering them.

There was a BOGO in a bar one deck up and many people did what we did, buy drinks there and bring it downstairs to the lounge.

When we were on the Star in April we were in the Skywalkers lounge where they have the Platinum, Elite appies and drinks and they were checking everyone’s cards and those that weren’t platinum & Elite had to go . So I don’t think if ur not platinum or Elite u can’t stay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wondering if anyone has been to this kind of lounge on Sea Princess? Our cruise around Oz in March will be our first as Platinum - so would love to check it out if there is one

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not on Sea or Sun Princess. However I have sailed on the Golden and Emerald from Australia and they had the Lounge. Go figure? :mad:

When we were on the Star in April we were in the Skywalkers lounge where they have the Platinum, Elite appies and drinks and they were checking everyone’s cards and those that weren’t platinum & Elite had to go . So I don’t think if ur not platinum or Elite u can’t stay

It is the Platinum, Elite and Suite Lounge so if you are in a suite it doesn't matter what colour card you have you are allowed in. People tend to forget this when they see people in there with Blue, Ruby and Gold cards, and think they shouldn't be there. Staff would need to check both the colour of your card and your cabin if not Plat or Elite.

Guess they check on some ships but not on others. Wonder why?

Wondering if anyone has been to this kind of lounge on Sea Princess? Our cruise around Oz in March will be our first as Platinum - so would love to check it out if there is one

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not on Sea or Sun Princess. However I have sailed on the Golden and Emerald from Australia and they had the Lounge. Go figure? :mad:

Sun Princess and Sea Princess (even the former Dawn Princess), do not have the lounge event. The claim is there are not enough venues available at that time of day.