Losing passport....

mrpayroll

'Immigration form for tourists.' Semantics... Please note that I mentioned in my previous post that the form is no longer referred to as a 'Visa.'... Are you actually reading the links you share or are you just randomly sharing them? I read the ones I shared and I read your links too.

I do read them. And I even think about them. Do you?

Do you not see the highlighted sentance that reads "you do not need a visa to enter Mexico". How could that be clearer? Those are the Mexican Governent's words - not mine.

You have to fill out an immigration form to enter just about any country. But fewer require a visa. A "visa" is normally obtained prior to entering the country and often requries a fee. Compare for example, the mexican requirement to fill out a card upon entry with the requirments for a tourist visa for Russia:

HOMESTAY VISA (PRIVATE VISA)

The following documents should be submitted in order to obtain a private visa:

A
completed visa application form
(one per person) available at the Consulate or

A valid passport
which should have at least two clear visa pages.

One passport-size photo
of the applicant which should be stapled to the marked space of the application form.

Original letter of invitation.
Your relatives or friends (Russian citizens) should provide you with an official letter of invitation bearing your personal data and registered with a local office of the Russian Interior Ministry.
If you wish to visit your friends or relatives (foreign citizens) currently working or studying in Russia they should obtain an official letter of invitation from the Russian hosting organization (see business visa instructions).

Please note! If for some reason you would like to obtain a double-entry private visa (even if having your official invitation issued as a single-entry) you should submit a more detailed cover letter showing such a necessity.

If applying by mail
. The Consular Division no longer accepts mailed applications. Applicants unable to be present in person are referred to the following visa agencies:

[...]

A money order or cashier’s check
payable to the Russian Embassy for visa processing. Please, note that we do not accept cash or any other checks. The visa processing fees are:

For single entry visas are
:

$131 for 4-20 business days processing;

$250 for 3 business days processing;

For double entry visas are
:

Visa processing fee is not refundable

Please, note, that drop off day is not counted as business day!

ATTENTION FOR EU CITIZENS

IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE VISA AGREEMENT SIGNED BY THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION AND THE EUROPEAN UNIION CITIZENS OF ALL EU COUNTRIES
EXCEPT IRELAND AND GREAT BRITAIN
ARE WELCOME TO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING FEES FOR PROCESSING OF ALL TYPES OF VISAS TO RUSSIA

6-10 BUSINESS DAYS - 50 USD

1-3 BUSINESS DAYS - 100 USD

When having received your visa please check it for mistakes (passport number, date of birth, validity) and, if necessary, return it to the Consulate for corrections.

The Consulate will not be responsible for any mistakes in the visas, which were not brought to our attention prior to your departure from the USA.

Please, note that visas cannot be changed or extended. If your travel plans changed after the visa issuance you have to reapply for a new one.

Any visa applicant may be interviewed by a consular officer if necessary.

Processing time, requirements and fees are subject to change without notice.

If you need more information please call us at (202)939-8907,8918, 8913 and 8911 Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. till 12.30 .p.m. and from 2.30. p.m. till 6 p.m.

Visa applications are accepted Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. till 12.15 p.m.
ONLY

That's more than semantics. You don't need a Visa for Mexico.

After reading all the WARNINGS on here about not taking your passport with you on shore, i am wondering how many of you ( if any) have actually lost your passport or had it stolen while on shore...People keep warning about this but i seriously doubt it has happened very often. Thanks ...:rolleyes:

My Dad's went missing on our last cruise (Legend). Luckily, it was is passport card that got lost/stolen (not sure) and his passport book was safe in the safe on the ship.

This very same thing happened to my mother MANY years ago in Barcelona, Spain. Besides losing the contents of her purse, she also suffered a broken arm in the ordeal!

I just lost my dignity and the hours I spent replacing things. Hope she was able to get medical care quickly. I was soooo angry! At myself as much as anyone since I was not thinking tourist when it happened- I was walking down from my hotel to the grocer to get some milk for my young son- I was in mommy mode. Dumb move.

Immigration forms and visas are NOT the same thing- it is not a semantic difference. If you need a visa, you need a visa. You also fill out the immigration form when you get to the country. If you don't need a visa, you only fill out the form. Some countries allow some other citizens to apply for a visa when they reach the country, some do not. Some are very difficult to get (US for example), others mostly a formality. And there are many different kinds from simple tourist visas to those which allow you to work in a country.

Many places, including Mexico for US citizens, do not require any paperwork to be completed for less than 24 hour stays which is why cruise ship passengers don't go through any formalities. But if you are not a US citizen and went to board a cruise ship in Europe which sailed to the US I am pretty sure that you would need to apply for a visa long in advance- and would not automatically be granted. In fact simply flying through the US and changing planes requires many citizens to get a visa- a real pain for many people since they are not easily obtained.

I just got my passport 3 years ago. I've only used it once to travel on a cruise. I would take it with me on shore and I will. However, I wouldn't put it in a purse, backpack, or pocket. Those are prime places for people to get to easily. I put it somewhere I will KNOW if someone was trying to take it. Got to love those Lane Bryant Bras.

Oh yes...the ol trust treasure "chest". :p Having ample breast is good for many things. :D

I do read them. And I even think about them. Do you?

Do you not see the highlighted sentance that reads "you do not need a visa to enter Mexico". How could that be clearer? Those are the Mexican Governent's words - not mine.

You have to fill out an immigration form to enter just about any country. But fewer require a visa. A "visa" is normally obtained prior to entering the country and often requries a fee. Compare for example, the mexican requirement to fill out a card upon entry with the requirments for a tourist visa for Russia:

HOMESTAY VISA (PRIVATE VISA)

The following documents should be submitted in order to obtain a private visa:

A
completed visa application form
(one per person) available at the Consulate or

A valid passport
which should have at least two clear visa pages.

One passport-size photo
of the applicant which should be stapled to the marked space of the application form.

Original letter of invitation.
Your relatives or friends (Russian citizens) should provide you with an official letter of invitation bearing your personal data and registered with a local office of the Russian Interior Ministry.
If you wish to visit your friends or relatives (foreign citizens) currently working or studying in Russia they should obtain an official letter of invitation from the Russian hosting organization (see business visa instructions).

Please note! If for some reason you would like to obtain a double-entry private visa (even if having your official invitation issued as a single-entry) you should submit a more detailed cover letter showing such a necessity.

If applying by mail
. The Consular Division no longer accepts mailed applications. Applicants unable to be present in person are referred to the following visa agencies:

[...]

A money order or cashier’s check
payable to the Russian Embassy for visa processing. Please, note that we do not accept cash or any other checks. The visa processing fees are:

For single entry visas are
:

For double entry visas are
:

Visa processing fee is not refundable

Please, note, that drop off day is not counted as business day!

ATTENTION FOR EU CITIZENS

IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE VISA AGREEMENT SIGNED BY THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION AND THE EUROPEAN UNIION CITIZENS OF ALL EU COUNTRIES
EXCEPT IRELAND AND GREAT BRITAIN
ARE WELCOME TO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING FEES FOR PROCESSING OF ALL TYPES OF VISAS TO RUSSIA

6-10 BUSINESS DAYS - 50 USD

1-3 BUSINESS DAYS - 100 USD

When having received your visa please check it for mistakes (passport number, date of birth, validity) and, if necessary, return it to the Consulate for corrections.

The Consulate will not be responsible for any mistakes in the visas, which were not brought to our attention prior to your departure from the USA.

Please, note that visas cannot be changed or extended. If your travel plans changed after the visa issuance you have to reapply for a new one.

Any visa applicant may be interviewed by a consular officer if necessary.

Processing time, requirements and fees are subject to change without notice.

If you need more information please call us at (202)939-8907,8918, 8913 and 8911 Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. till 12.30 .p.m. and from 2.30. p.m. till 6 p.m.

Visa applications are accepted Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. till 12.15 p.m.
ONLY

That's more than semantics. You don't need a Visa for Mexico.

What part of I agree it does not say VISA is so hard for you to understand?

I don't guess it matters to you that it states on every link you shared that you must present a valid passport and fill out appropriate visitor immigration forms? How would one manage to get to the part where they fill out the immigration forms without the VALID PASSPORT?

If it helps you to understand, feel free to place a wadded sheet of paper in your mouth and read it out loud. ;)

I don't guess it matters to you that it states on every link you shared that you must present a valid passport and fill out appropriate visitor immigration forms? How would one manage to get to the part where they fill out the immigration forms without the VALID PASSPORT?

You win. I'm done.

Archived