Dubrovnik, Nafplion, & Izmir Tours??

In Napflion you have a choice--you can stay in town and do it yourself. Beautiful little city, great for walking and exploring, and shopping.

Or, you can go see Mycenae (very close), and/or Epidavros (just a little further away.) I've done both and would recommend them highly.

In Napflion you have a choice--you can stay in town and do it yourself. Beautiful little city, great for walking and exploring, and shopping. Or, you can go see Mycenae (very close), and/or Epidavros (just a little further away.) I've done both and would recommend them highly.

Agree with Wendy on those wonderful options. Here's a little visual preview of what these look like from my pictures visiting there in 2006. Great and unique history there!!! Napflion is nice, but when you're this close to other great sites, I would try to go for it if you can work things out on your budget and schedule.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Looking down upon Nafplion from the historic fortress that overlooks the town and its harbor:

Nap.jpg

At Nafplion, this is a closer view of the fortress in its harbor:

PelPenNapFortress.jpg

For a Mycene ruler, this was his burial place with its space for a carved triangle:

PelPenMyBurial.jpg

The “triangle” is the symbol for the Mycene empire. This carved stone is placed above where you enter its historic capital:

PelPenTriangleMy.jpg

Example of Mycene gold in the museum at this historic site:

MyceneGold.jpg

Epidaurus is the famed outdoor theater with super great acoustics:

GreekOutThTwo.jpg

Thank you so very much! Beautiful pictures!!

If only September would hurry up!!

Again, thank you for taking the time to reply!

THANKS for the nice comments on my pictures! Where else are you stopping? While in Izmir, are you aiming for Ephesus? Here are the visual samples for that famed location and why people love visiting there. Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

At Ephesus, here is the famed outdoor theater that hosted Saint Paul preaching, plus rock stars, etc. At this site in the 1st century AD, the Apostle Paul spent over three years in Ephesus preaching the Gospel. This included a sermon condemning pagan worship in this theater:

Amphitheatre.jpg

Looking downhill towards the library and other ruins from when Ephesus was Rome's capital of Asia Minor:

EphRuinsLongShot.jpg

At Ephesus, architectural details on its famed library building:

LibraryDetails.jpg

Another area for seeing added ruins at Ephesus:

RuinsAdded.jpg

We enjoyed a night concert in front of the historic library at Ephesus:

NightLibrary.jpg

Starting the tour at Ephesus:

EphTourStart.jpg

Terry - Our stops are Dubrovnik, Nafplion, & Ephesus (Izmir) and Athens. Im not really sure what we are aiming for other then what we want to do in Athens. (the city tour and cape of sounion)

Any recommendations would be a great help along with tour companies! :)

Your pictures are again, gorgeous!

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone, I'm Valentina and was wondering if you could also fill me in on what to do in Dubrovnik. We are on the RCI in October but am doing my research now.

Any insights to local tours are very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Val

We had a walking tour in Dubrovnik. We had a great guide and included in the price of our tour was admission to the walls. We walked the walls and our guide explained everything in detail....then we went down into the town and walked around and she gave us more history and great information. You can do this on your own without a guide - but we would not have had any idea what we were looking at or understood the history of this beautiful city.

You can pre-arrange a tour or there are guides waiting.

We had a walking tour in Dubrovnik. We had a great guide and included in the price of our tour was admission to the walls. We walked the walls and our guide explained everything in detail....then we went down into the town and walked around and she gave us more history and great information. You can do this on your own without a guide - but we would not have had any idea what we were looking at or understood the history of this beautiful city.

Thanks! We will have to decide what to do....go solo or hire a guide.

Val

Can you remember the company name.... and cost?

Thanks

We used a company called Mediterranean Experience and our guide was Daniela Erak. She was fantastic. The cost was 190 Euros for 6 people and an additional 15 euros per each additional person if there were more than 6.

We had 8 people with us on our walk and it was 3 hours.

Their address is

info (at) mediterranean-experience.hr

Can anyone recommend any tours to do while in Dubronik, Nafplion & Izmir?

You may want to post your question about Nafplion on the Greece port of call section.

Also, have you searched this port of call section for your other stops? I have a strong feeling that you'll uncover lots of previous threads about Dubrovnik and Izmir.

You may want to post your question about Nafplion on the Greece port of call section.

Also, have you searched this port of call section for your other stops? I have a strong feeling that you'll uncover lots of previous threads about Dubrovnik and Izmir.

I asked it here because other then Athens there isnt a seperate port of call section for Izmir and Dubrovnik other than "Other Mediterranean Ports"

At Izmir we booked a tour with ephesusshuttle.com and that was amazing.

That was 3 times cheaper than the same tour at ncl website and the service was excellent.

Thank you so much for that information! :)

Which tour did you take?

Through recommendetion,my husband and I hava pre-booked Ephesus tours from " e-ephesus Tour Agency".E-ephesus have offered 58 dollars per person for full day including lunch.The price that the agency have proposed seems to be suitable.The agency have said that if we can raise our numbers ,they will lower the price obviously depending on how many in the group.

Those guests that are interested in a private guided tour ,please contact me : darcyanita@yahoo.com

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards.

Archived