Dumb question regarding steam rooms etc

I love it!

Also I think it is really healthy.

Unbeknown to us on our first cruise you can ask the staff to turn the heat up.

It's a good temperature, when you can't see anything:)

On one of my cruises (I think it was the Carnival Conquest), the sauna had a big picture window overlooking the ocean. Nice. :)

That must be AMAZING.

It can't be said enough, before you use a wet or dry sauna, hydrate, hydrate, HYDRATE. Drink lots of water. Not soda, just tap water. Before, during and after. Every break, take a walk to the water fountain and get some more. It's very easy to get sick from dehydration, especially if you're not used to saunas.

Ray

Just be a little careful about those locker keys. On the Explorer we had to give them our Seapass card in exchange for a key. When my husband went to get his card back, they had given it to someone else.:eek: Thankfully, they had put charged anything to the account but we had to get a new one made. It was a tense half an hour while we got everything sorted at the Purser's desk!

That happened to me on Brilliance once. The snippy young thing at the counter didn't think it was a big deal. This was back when your entire cabin number was on the sea pass so I thought it was a big deal. I got the manager and she was very sweet when I told her that she needed to educate her staff better. She had taken notice that I had a spa appointment later in the week and gave me a discount.

On some ships the spa is one deck higher than the locker room. The spa hours aren't always my hours for wanting to use the steam room, either. I just put my clothes into any open locker or leave them on the bench. Never had a problem. I don't leave jewelry or my sea pass there.

A thermal spa is really nothing more than a modern jacuzzi.

I have to dispute that point. Assuming the reference is to the Thermal Suite (as was originally posted by RoofingPrincess), it is NOT a jacuzzi. It is a room with different "chambers" in it. A suana, aromatherapy room, tropical and cold water showers, steam room, and fabulous heated tile recliners in front of floor to ceiling mirrors. Extra charge, but worth every penny!

Available on Radiance class ships and on Oasis. :)

First time I made the mistake of leaving my metal frame glasses on so at least I could find my way in. Learned to take them off once inside and wrap them in a towel to keep them insulated from the heat. Then pop them on when leaving.

I'm not much on heat with humidity! We get that here, in the summer! A cool dip in the pool is more to my liking!

And what does this have to do with the question posted by the OP?

Some people like other things such as ordering room service even though they do not have a table to place the food on. You don't but others do.

Some like to dine in the Windjammer in place of the dining room. You don't but others do.

If you like a cool dip in the pool then do it but realize that there are some that like other things.:rolleyes: Why do you continually have to push your point on view on every thread like this?:rolleyes:

Why do you continually have to push your point on view on every thread like this?:rolleyes:

Someone referred to this poster as a Seagull poster.

Check out MTD threads where apparently Everyone doing MTD wants to sit alone and that's why they choose it. We are lucky that this poster is so incredibly knowledgeable and has such brilliant insight that we can all learn from. :rolleyes:

According to the logic, since we always have rain here, I shouldn't take showers? ;)

Oh, and we will do MTD because we like to sit by ourselves (have been called too many times a "dirty foreigner", so I'd rather enjoy my own company), until we meet nice people who we can perhaps invite at our table :) In October, we had two dinners alone followed by dinners with a couple from the roll call.

Btw, i'm really looking forward to try out the steam rooms. I'll be a bathing suit wearing person though, I am too much embarassed to be naked in front of others.

Some people like other things such as ordering room service even though they do not have a table to place the food on. You don't but others do.

Some like to dine in the Windjammer in place of the dining room. You don't but others do.

If you like a cool dip in the pool then do it but realize that there are some that like other things.:rolleyes: Why do you continually have to push your point on view on every thread like this?:rolleyes:

And how does this post address the OP. Now we have two unnecessary posts. :confused:

Sometimes it's great if a bond is created. I usually only go once or twice a cruise, alternating between the steam/sauna, the jacuzzi, and a shower. One time there was just a likeable group of guys that apparently went every day, so it was just another chance to meet other people.

I have to dispute that point. Assuming the reference is to the Thermal Suite (as was originally posted by RoofingPrincess), it is NOT a jacuzzi. It is a room with different "chambers" in it. A suana, aromatherapy room, tropical and cold water showers, steam room, and fabulous heated tile recliners in front of floor to ceiling mirrors. Extra charge, but worth every penny!

One minor correction: on the Radiance class ships, the recliners, the aromatherapy room, and one other room (think it's the steam room, if not, the sauna) have floor-to-ceiling WINDOWS! Heaven! We love coming back after a busy day in port and stretching out there during sailaway...

One minor correction: on the Radiance class ships, the recliners, the aromatherapy room, and one other room (think it's the steam room, if not, the sauna) have floor-to-ceiling WINDOWS! Heaven! We love coming back after a busy day in port and stretching out there during sailaway...

Ohhh! That sounds nice! Do you remember how much they charged? I know you can buy a couples package, but I am thinking that it is really expensive and probably not worth it since I would probably only be in there once.

Waving to all the people on land watching the sauna with binoculars! :p

Does anyone know if the Monarch has free access to sauna/steam room?

We were on the Monarch in Jan. and I tried to use the sauna twice. There is free access to the sauna. Both times, unfortunately, the sauna was not working properly. We spoke with the spa staff about it. This is the only ship that I have had that problem though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Yes

On the Navigator and Vogager, I believe it has been promoted

as a couples MUD BATH also and is a fabulous experience. Sometimes they package it with massage and other things to make more money and call it something else. But they will separate it out at less cost, if you ask. The three area space is private and doors are closed and locked behind you. The aromatherapy room has everthing you might want.

A must do for us.:D

Archived