Dining Room lunch menus-are they the same every day?

I think Mcruiser has a point. When we have lunch in the dining room -- on port days at least -- there are very few people in it. I cannot go ashore due to disability so must go to eat on board ship. The menu that was posted above seems to offer many choices so that no one is doomed to have the SAME thing every day.
BTW,I have never gone hungry on a cruise!
Gene in Birmingham

I always hear that back in the old days the fares were the same or higher than they are now. RNcruiser also states that you were limited to dining in the buffet or dining room and that was it.

BUT, I have also heard that the quality of the food was MUCH better. I was not cruising in the 80s, however from what I have heard lobster was not a once a cruise only event, there were gala midnight buffets every evening, there was table-side preparation in the dining room, drinks were reasonably priced, sodas, etc. were free. So, you must have thought it was a good value even then, right? Or else, why did you cruise?

I may not have been cruising in the 80s, but my first cruise was in 1995 on Carnival Festivale. It was a small ship, but we picked it as we liked the itinerary...Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Dominica, Martinique, and Barbados. We did have a midnight buffet every night. It also seemed like every night there was some event where cocktails were free. A happy hour here, a meet the captain cocktail hour there. We always managed to get a few free drinks each day.

While I loved the beauty of the Navigator and had an absolutely fabulous time on our 1/04 cruise, I did miss some of what I had in 1995 on Carnival. I don't know if Carnival still does all this or not or if RC ever used to.

But, frankly, I'm not sure it'll matter to me too much on the same menu in the dining room every day. I think we only ate in the dining room once for lunch. Most days we are on the island and don't have time to come back and/or ate such a big breakfast aren't even hungry for lunch. But, I would like daily midnight buffets and free cocktail happy hours again.

Carnival Festivale 8/95
RCI Navigator of the Seas 1/24/04--SEE MY REVIEW AT [url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=408097554&m=7683004077"]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=408097554&m=7683004077[/url]
RCI Brilliance of the Seas 1/14/05
WE CAN'T WAIT TIL WE SAIL AGAIN!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;1;14;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Archived