Big Bigger Biggest Oasis on Tv Friday

MCazer

Don't get too excited. This is a repeat from last year which featured the Indy. I doubt if they updated it this quick.

http://science.discovery.com/tv/big-bigger-biggest/episode-guide/cruise-ship.html

Or maybe they did????

We trace the engineering leaps that enable structures to evolve: Oasis of the Seas liner will be the world's largest passenger ship when it launches, complete with a moving bar that spans three decks and a Central Park complete with trees and lake.

They could have cut the Indy out of the end and threw in the Oasis

Independence of the Seas

This episode reveals the engineering breakthroughs behind the world's biggest cruise liner.

Powering through the waters of the Caribbean, this 160,000-ton leviathan is the Independence of the Seas. Longer than New York's Chrysler Building is tall and wider than the White House is long, it is the world's largest cruise liner. This 800 million dollar, 18-deck ship generates enough electricity with her six diesel-electric engines to power the city of Southampton. She carries her passengers in unrivaled luxury and is manned by a crew of 1,360 who occupy a vast behind-the-scenes world of control rooms, kitchens and engine spaces.

But the Independence of the Seas wasn't built in a day.

It is sailing in the wake of maritime engineering achievements that have allowed it to grow so large. This episode charts the stories of six historic inventions, embodied by six iconic ships that have influenced the Independence's design.

See how Brunel develops innovative construction techniques to reinforce the hull of the SS Great Western; how novel propulsion technology is developed to power the SS Great Britain; and how revolutionary control systems keep the SS Conte di Savoia stable in rough seas. This episode reveals how groundbreaking layout designs were developed to allow builders to construct the luxurious SS Normandie, and how a super sleek hull design enables the RMS Queen Mary to cut through the ocean with speed.

Find out how this vast ship was built from nearly 4 million square feet of steel in the form of prefabricated blocks and explore the high-tech 'azipod' propulsion units and bow thrusters that allow her to be super-maneuverable. Explore how the state-of-the-art stabilizing system that keeps her 4,370 passengers comfortable in rough seas works.

Here is the youtube link:http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=big+bigger+biggest+cruise+ship&search_type=

I have cablevision, and I searched my DVR menu for OASIS, and that is how I got the BIG BUGGER BIGGEST show.

Here is what is says:

Big, Bigger, Biggest

Crusie Liner

TV-PG, CC

We trace the engineering leaps that enable structures to evolve: Oasis of the Seas liner will be the world's largest passenger ship when it launches, complete with a moving bar that spans three decks and a Central Park complete with trees and lake.

Archived