Shopping coupon book

I was told by a friend that cruised RCL over Christmas that if you attend the port shopping talk, you are given the opportunity to purchase a shopping coupon book. She said the best coupon was the bogo daily drink special on RCL. Does anyone know if this coupon book is offerd on the 5 day Caribbean cruises?

IMO, if you have to BUY coupons, they're not worth it! This is a true rip-off....unless you're in the market for something in the book, don't fall for it!

If you're looking for a 'deal' on jewelry, find what you like at home, then compare the exact same thing in the ports...if it's not cheaper, buy it at home...you'll have ready access to the jeweler for repairs and warranties!

We bought the shopping coupon book once, and I have to agree that it was a rip off.

Rather than spending time in port doing things we really would have enjoyed, we stupidly went around to the stores offering the 'free' things--all of which turned out to be junk.

I do like the port and shopping show, though. But I won't buy the coupon book again.

Rachel

How dare you call my color-changing tote bag (free with a purchase), or my several dollar-store quality items junk!

Note #1: much of what is offered in the book is available in free coupon books at most of the ports.

Note #2: we bought a book our last cruise, because the book price included a free drink-of-the-day every day of the cruise, which made the book basically free, and that's the only way I'd buy the book again.

I agree that the port shopping coupons are useless. I was interested in the bogo drink of the day coupon...can be used again and again, every day of the entire cruise. Has anyone else seen this coupon or was it a holiday cruise special?

BOGO drink of the day? That is awesome.

I'll have to check that out--that would make it worthwhile :)

I do like my color-changing tote bag, too. I forgot about that one. Of course, I thought the color-changing clothes were so cool that I spent about $200 in that store.

Rachel

I second all those who say that the book is a ripoff!!!

ASK TO SEE IT FIRST BEFORE BUYING IT, if you feel it's for you, then go ahead; but remember you are paying $25 for all those "feebies" in the book and then going for a scavanger hunt. RC's shopping guides will make a mountain out of a mole hill brain washing you with how valuable it is, so beware. They will also use misleading tactics to make you feel there are only a very few books available to sell! DON'T FALL FOR IT. The "Buy one Get one Free" drink offer in the book is ONLY valid in the nightclub, between 10 pm and 11 pm. Read the fine print. They will also tout you some jewelry stores to buy from and give you VIP cards and coupons. I believe they get 16% comission on every $1000 YOU spend at that shop. I came from my first cruise feeling so ripped off but I am getting wiser to this.

I bought one because I love the color change stuff at Del Sol and the bag was free with the purchase of the book (normal cost, same as the book). So with the discounted drink of the day sticker for the whole cruise, I actually did save some money. :) But for the coupons themselves, meh. Unless you are planning to spend tons of money on jewelry in ports, not worth it. The free stuff is indeed crap and you do have to go all over to get it. I grabbed things when I was passing by the stores anyway, but didn't go out of my way.

Plus, the book is good for a year, so when I cruise in the fall with my Mom, she can get a bag as well. :D

The port & shopping presentation itself was disappointing to me. I had expected something about the ports themselves - attractions, sights, etc. All it was when I saw it was a 2 hour commercial for Diamonds International.

Archived