Emerald Deck...Room E726 Mini Suite

mcot1016

Have any pictures or thoughts on this room?.....Good balcony for a dinner?.....Have any pictures out there from your own experiences anybody?...Omg i cant wait to see my mini suite and have one tv on march madness=)...

Ooops sorry Emerald Princess..........Just wondering if its on the port side or the other side......Should i stay on my balcony during sendoff or go to another deck with a bar??....Thanks

This is on the Port (left) side of the ship. We were in E723 on the Emerald a few months ago and loved the location of our mini--aft, covered and quiet.

During sailaway, it's more fun to be out on one of the decks, but being on your balcony is nice as well. We met up with some folks from our Roll Call for an informal get-together after the muster drill during sailaway at Outrigger's Bar (aft).

Enjoy!

Edited by CRUZIN'NANA

NANA-

Thanks.....Ya my roll call is kinda quiet but i will make the best of my trip...So when we arrive at each port i can go out and see the port from our balcony?....Our we close to any elevators?....Wish u had some pictures to share....But thanks for the info greatly appriecated

NANA-

Thanks.....Ya my roll call is kinda quiet but i will make the best of my trip...So when we arrive at each port i can go out and see the port from our balcony?....Our we close to any elevators?....Wish u had some pictures to share....But thanks for the info greatly appriecated

I've had E725 on the other side of the ship several times. You're near but not too close to the elevators. Yes, great balcony to have dinner on. It's a standard mini-suite with a covered balcony. Here are some photos of my E725 cabin:

1320369881_Mini-suiteE725-1.jpg.24afa435f5e5b8373d1ea5f9cea48159.jpg

860094527_Mini-suiteE725-2.jpg.5ac4c8006dc1a4771c3db24e5b14fa87.jpg

51450408_ADMini-suitebalcony.jpg.34a52222d65b45c1a39469622580122d.jpg

Hi mcot,

There is a great website called cruisedeckplans dot com (I'm spelling it out since cruise critic sometimes deletes hyperlinks) that has great information on cabins. You can often find a photo of your cabin, or one just like it on that site. There are exterior photos of your ship as well, and you can see exactly where your balcony is and what's located above, below and around it. There are deck plans for every ship, too. I believe there is an annual fee for full usage of the site, about $9.95 if I remember correctly.

Of course, you can find deck plans on the princess website, too.

Good luck and have a great cruise!

Those are the best IMHO :p we had E728 last cruise, which is next door to yours, very nice balcony, very nice room, love the location. We generally stay on our balcony for sailaway but if its your first cruise or you have guests travelling with you I would recommend going out onto the pool deck for the sailaway party, it usually helps to set the mood, I loved our sailaway on the Caribbean Princess, you can't beat the sound of steel drums when you're embarking on a Caribbean voyage :D

Otherwise if you want a more intimate and quiet experience I'd say grab some drinks and munchies and stay on your balcony. We love those minis, landed E731 for our Hawaii cruise :D:D:D Can't wait! Have a great cruise!!!

P.S.

Do a search on the internet for something along the lines of "Pictures E726 Princess" you should find at least a few, also, just because you are on the "Port" side, does not necessarily mean that they will dock on the Port side, they sometimes back in, or tender in. We've had it both ways, especially in the Caribbean, sometimes they would dock Port side, sometimes it would be Starboard side. No biggie either way. Its sometimes fun to people watch when your on the side of the dock/port, and sometimes another ship parks across from you so you could be staring at another person on their balcony too, just wave!

Yes the Emerald deck minis are the best.

We stay on the balcony for sailaway. :D

Hi,

Have you ever had E731 or E730 on your trips? I have E731 booked on the Caribbean Princess for December. I like the looks of the larger balcony and the view of the wake and only sharing a common wall with one other cabin. However, I've read some reports that there is more wind on the very end mini's. I would assume that would just depend on the sailing but just thought I would ask for input.

Thanks

Hi,

Have you ever had E731 or E730 on your trips? I have E731 booked on the Caribbean Princess for December. I like the looks of the larger balcony and the view of the wake and only sharing a common wall with one other cabin. However, I've read some reports that there is more wind on the very end mini's. I would assume that would just depend on the sailing but just thought I would ask for input.

Thanks

Yes its a little more exposed having that curved rear railing of the balcony which gives you about another 4 feet of space. Can be more exposed to wind but not bad at all.

Just off the Emerald Princess on Sunday March 21st. We stayed in E721 mini. Loved the cabin except for leaving a dock and entering a dock. The trusters were so strong that they shook the whole cabin even our chairs on the balacony moved around. My son thought the ship was coming apart. Still it was only for about 5 minutes but at 6:00 in the morning some people would rather sleep (we are early risers so it didn't bother us). I will try to post pics later still new at this.

• 8 years later...

I am booking an Alaska cruise on Ruby Princess round trip from Seattle in June. I try to decide between the mini suite E725 (right side) vs E726/E728 on the left(port side). From what I read, the port side will have the view sailing in to Glacier Bay. But E726/728 might have noise because it's above club fusion. Please advise. Thanks,

12 minutes ago, Julia187 said:

I am booking an Alaska cruise on Ruby Princess round trip from Seattle in June. I try to decide between the mini suite E725 (right side) vs E726/E728 on the left(port side). From what I read, the port side will have the view sailing in to Glacier Bay. But E726/728 might have noise because it's above club fusion. Please advise. Thanks,

Welcome to Cruise Critic!!

IMO you can't go wrong with either side. 

Love the mini suites on Emerald on all the Grand Class ships.

Both cabins are over Club Confusion.

The stage is kind of in the middle.

There may be some slight bass sounds from below when music is playing.

I would tend to book port side.

We have sailed to Alaska many times and have sailed the Ruby many times.

If you book mark the cabin "No Upgrade".

Grab it while you can there are only 12.

Great location and really quiet. Great covered big balcony.

6 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

If you book, mark the cabin "No Upgrade".

Good Advice if you like the location and want to make sure to don't get upgraded.

Mini-Suites on Emerald Deck are the least expensive so getting an upgrand to a more expensive mini on Dolphin Deck is quite possible.  

1 minute ago, OCruisers said:

Good Advice if you like the location and want to make sure to don't get upgraded.

Mini-Suites on Emerald Deck are the least expensive so getting an upgrand to a more expensive mini on Dolphin Deck is quite possible.  

Yes for sure!  Then you get stuck with a Dolphin deck mini with an uncovered balcony in Alaska which can be interesting.  

On 3/19/2010 at 5:48 PM, lovevacadays said:

Hi,

Thanks

E731 is our favorite cabin. We last had it on the Caribbean Princess for a British Isles cruise in 2017. We have it booked on the Sapphire Princess in late 2019. The closer you get to the beginning (lower numbers) of the row of Emerald deck minis you have a greater chance of smoke encroaching from the smoking area on Dolphin deck. 

2 minutes ago, Alaskanb said:

E731 is our favorite cabin. We last had it on the Caribbean Princess for a British Isles cruise in 2017. We have it booked on the Sapphire Princess in late 2019. The closer you get to the beginning (lower numbers) of the row of Emerald deck minis you have a greater chance of smoke encroaching from the smoking area on Dolphin deck. 

I agree about E-731.

FYI........that post was from 2010.   :classic_blink:

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Julia187 said:

Odd numbers are on the starboard side, even on the port side. The ship will rotate in Glacier Bay so you will eventually see everything. We have found the best place to be on that day is on the aft Promenade deck 7 area where it's easy to crossover indoors to the other side of the ship. 

Edited by Alaskanb

2 minutes ago, Alaskanb said:

Odd numbers are on the starboard side, even on the port side. The ship will rotate in Glacier Bay so you will eventually see everything. We have found the best place to be on that day is on the aft Dolphin deck promenade area where it's easy to crossover, indoors, to the other side of the ship. 

Do you mean aft Promenade deck 7?

1 minute ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Do you mean aft Promenade deck 7?

Yes -- got my decks confused --corrected it.  We simply go down in the elevator to deck 7 by Club Fusion and watch what is going on; fortunately we had glorious days on our Alaska trips. 

3 minutes ago, Alaskanb said:

Yes -- got my decks confused --corrected it.  We simply go down in the elevator to deck 7 by Club Fusion and watch what is going on; fortunately we had glorious days on our Alaska trips. 

That one of the things I love about that aft section especially on Emerald deck.

Just shoot down 1 flight to deck 7.    😁

• Like 1