How much to call ship?

wbrumel

I need to call my son aboard the Norwegian Gem. I got the phone number from NCL's website which tells you to call and enter your credit card info. It doesn't say what the cost is. Anyone know? Not that it really matters (I have to call no matter what) but I would prefer not to be too surprised.

I need to call my son aboard the Norwegian Gem. I got the phone number from NCL's website which tells you to call and enter your credit card info. It doesn't say what the cost is. Anyone know? Not that it really matters (I have to call no matter what) but I would prefer not to be too surprised.

about $30 for the first minute and $5-10 thereafter.

i know its either $6.95 or $7.95/min on their end (ships) and that is charged to your son's shipboard acct......

seriously $30 to place the call??? our son called us before but i forgot to ask him how much he was charged.....

i know its either $6.95 or $7.95/min on their end (ships) and that is charged to your son's shipboard acct......

seriously $30 to place the call??? our son called us before but i forgot to ask him how much he was charged.....

I have a bill from a few years ago someplace... You pay when you call by credit card or from your phone bill.

always wondering how things are going at home befor we sailed we keep our cell phones on..

by habit befor turning off the phone i check for any messages or missed calls..noticed the daughter had called and without thinking, i pressed *send* button ..started talking then suddenly realized we were a 1/2 hr

out of Long Beach..:eek:

I have a bill from a few years ago someplace... You pay when you call by credit card or from your phone bill.

If you were charged $30 to place the call I suspect the bill is slightly older than "from a few years ago". ;) That sounds like a charge from the days when the ship's radio operator had to get involved in placing or receiving a call.

If you were charged $30 to place the call I suspect the bill is slightly older than "from a few years ago". ;)

LOL you can bet I am not calling again to find out. Calling a cell phone on a ship so equipted is only $2.49 per minute...

And that is one of the reasons we take our cell phone with us.

And of course, if you do call the ship using the $7 a minute deal, you may not even be able to reach him. He could be out and about, or even ashore when you call.

Cell phone - instant connection, and only $2.49 a minute on the ship, less in most ports.

The cost is $7.95 a minute.

Hi, mom to Brielle (and Hayden)! See you later with the puppy.

I've been a cruise critic groupie for years... a veteran of many cruises (check out my "signature").

You don't need to look for answers here.. just ask me LOL!!

Archived