Formal Night Dress

Moondoggy51

I've read some thread regarding formal night and I'm looking for some additional advice.

When it comes down to wearing a tux vs. a suite which is more common? If a tux is more common than a suit then I'll rent a tux to fit in but I have a brand new suit that I wore once at my daughter's wedding and if I won't feel out of place then I may opt to wear my suit instead.

Another question regarding clothing.... On non-formal nights in the regular seating dining rooms is it typical that men wear a sport coat or just a shirt? If sport coats are more common do most men wear nicer pants and dress shirts or do you see more golf shirts and docker style pants.

The cruise we are taking in mid may is our first and I want to be casual while at the same time I don't want to feel out of place by showing up in something that is not the typical atire for dining.

Any help would be appreciated.

I've read some thread regarding formal night and I'm looking for some additional advice.

When it comes down to wearing a tux vs. a suite which is more common? If a tux is more common than a suit then I'll rent a tux to fit in but I have a brand new suit that I wore once at my daughter's wedding and if I won't feel out of place then I may opt to wear my suit instead.

Another question regarding clothing.... On non-formal nights in the regular seating dining rooms is it typical that men wear a sport coat or just a shirt? If sport coats are more common do most men wear nicer pants and dress shirts or do you see more golf shirts and docker style pants.

The cruise we are taking in mid may is our first and I want to be casual while at the same time I don't want to feel out of place by showing up in something that is not the typical atire for dining.

A suit is fine for formal night if you do not want to wear a tux. On some cruises, especially the longer ones, you will see lots of tux and others there will be many in suits.

Most diners on other nights are in shirts (either long or short sleeved) and docker style pants. However you will see some passengers who enjoy smarter smart-casual.

When it comes down to wearing a tux vs. a suite which is more common? If a tux is more common than a suit then I'll rent a tux to fit in but I have a brand new suit that I wore once at my daughter's wedding and if I won't feel out of place then I may opt to wear my suit instead. -- A suit is fine.

Another question regarding clothing.... On non-formal nights in the regular seating dining rooms is it typical that men wear a sport coat or just a shirt? If sport coats are more common do most men wear nicer pants and dress shirts or do you see more golf shirts and docker style pants. -- Doesn't matter whether it's Anytime or Fixed seating, the dress is the same. Most men wear shirts and Docker-like pants, some wear jackets. You won't be out of place either way.

Have a great cruise!

Suit is the most common dress but sport coats are a close second.

On non-formal nights jeans in good repair are very adequate. Dress pants and a sport shirt are very nice.

Most pax could care less what you wear as long as it is clean and nice looking. What they are more interested in is if you can act in a civil manner and be courteous to your fellow pax. Everyone is here for a vacation and to have a good time.

A suit is fine for formal nights. More people tend to wear tuxedos on the cruises far from North America. A sports jacket is not needed for Smart Casual evenings.

One of the reasons we chose Princess is because they still have formal nights and, heck, it's nice to dress up now and again. We are cruising Vancouver to Alaska, which is, er, not far from North America :). Am I going to feel out of place if I bring a tux?

One of the reasons we chose Princess is because they still have formal nights and, heck, it's nice to dress up now and again. We are cruising Vancouver to Alaska, which is, er, not far from North America :). Am I going to feel out of place if I bring a tux?

I haven't been on a cruise that did not have a formal night and you should look rather dapper in a tux. You will not feel out of place. If you wear it to breakfast, that's a different story. ;)

That is one of our favorite cruises...on formal nights wear a tux if you like! If you would rather not mess with it, you will be in good company in a suit or even a sports coat and tie. We have seen it all on formal nights on our 20+ Princess cruises ranging from a Sapphire Alaskan cruise of 7 days to the 100+day round the rourd cruise on the Tahitian...now Ocean. Men wear a tux, but it is far from the most comon.

No Jackets on other nights...nice sports shirts and casual slacks or nice jeans are most comon.

Happy Cruising!

Most pax could care less what you wear as long as it is clean and nice looking. What they are more interested in is if you can act in a civil manner and be courteous to your fellow pax. Everyone is here for a vacation and to have a good time. Today 05:31 PMMost pax could care less what you wear as long as it is clean and nice looking. What they are more interested in is if you can act in a civil manner and be courteous to your fellow pax. Everyone is here for a vacation and to have a good time. Today 05:31 PMMost pax could care less what you wear as long as it is clean and nice looking. What they are more interested in is if you can act in a civil manner and be courteous to your fellow pax. Everyone is here for a vacation and to have a good time. Today 05:31 PM

Archived