RCI Released 2010 Alaska Schedule Today

April-in-NC

It looks like RCI will only have two ships sailing Alaska next summer. Radiance will be sailing NB and SB and Rhapsody will be doing round trip from Seattle.

Prices seem higher than this year, but not too crazy. What surprised me is the lack of availability of cabins. I am looking at doing a NB cruise next June and the June 18 cruise ONLY had suites and insides available. Is that normal for cabins to be sold out the first day the schedule is released?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itineraryAndPricing.do;jsessionid=0000qK6-yc731sE8oqQbrscSNSe:12hdhubrs?showall=showall&packageCode=RD07A056&hasSenior=&hasMilitary=&hasFireandPolice=&state=

I am looking at doing a NB cruise next June and the June 18 cruise ONLY had suites and insides available. Is that normal for cabins to be sold out the first day the schedule is released?

It's normal to take a day or so for the database to be accurate - there will be lots available shortly.

It looks like RCI will only have two ships sailing Alaska next summer. Radiance will be sailing NB and SB and Rhapsody will be doing round trip from Seattle.

Prices seem higher than this year, but not too crazy. What surprised me is the lack of availability of cabins. I am looking at doing a NB cruise next June and the June 18 cruise ONLY had suites and insides available. Is that normal for cabins to be sold out the first day the schedule is released?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itineraryAndPricing.do;jsessionid=0000qK6-yc731sE8oqQbrscSNSe:12hdhubrs?showall=showall&packageCode=RD07A056&hasSenior=&hasMilitary=&hasFireandPolice=&state=

Are you sure you're looking at 2011?

The dates from this link are all 2010, and I couldn't find ANY 2011 dates available yet.

The price seems right to me. If I book now through RCI site and later decide to cancel my trip, will I get the refund of my deposit?

Sorry for such a newbie question.

You need to check your T&C. In the UK we lose our deposit but in the US my understanding is that your deposit is refundable up to a specific date before sailing.

I just realized I was looking at 2010... I was so excited I forgot to search by the correct year. :rolleyes:

I'm so silly sometimes... Anyway, RCI is supposed to release their Alaska schedule today. :D

You got me all excited --- I just got off the phone with RCI and the Crown & Anchor representative said that Alaska 2011 was NOT out yet; sometime this week though --- at least that is what I was told.

You got me all excited --- I just got off the phone with RCI and the Crown & Anchor representative said that Alaska 2011 was NOT out yet; sometime this week though --- at least that is what I was told.

Sorry about that... :p Like you, I'm anxiously awaiting the 2011 schedule. I'm hoping to treat myself to a slightly belated 30th birthday present next summer (my birthday is in February, too cold for a trip to Alaska for me).

Sorry about that... :p Like you, I'm anxiously awaiting the 2011 schedule. I'm hoping to treat myself to a slightly belated 30th birthday present next summer (my birthday is in February, too cold for a trip to Alaska for me).

30 must be the magic number -- our booking will be to celebrate our 30th anniversary (February). I will be checking with RCI daily. If I hear anything I will post here. :)

we are also planning Alaska cruise in 2011 summer. anyway, we don't have any ideas now. so come to this board to learn and please advise anything to us. we are two families with 2 teen girls who will be in 16 next summer.

thanks for any recommendation.

So while we're waiting...

which sailings are you guys looking for?

We're hoping for Northbound out of Vancouver. We're planning to fly to Victoria first and then take a commuter seaplane the next day to Vancouver. I can't wait. I have been pouring over other posts about excursions, reviews, etc. It's 15 months away, but I like to know all my options ahead of time! Ha!

I wonder if it will be the Radiance again for the northbound/southbound cruises.

We're hoping for Northbound out of Vancouver. We're planning to fly to Victoria first and then take a commuter seaplane the next day to Vancouver. I can't wait. I have been pouring over other posts about excursions, reviews, etc. It's 15 months away, but I like to know all my options ahead of time! Ha!

I wonder if it will be the Radiance again for the northbound/southbound cruises.

Radiance and Rhapsody will be doing Austrailia/New Zealand next year. Serenade is doing Alaska.

Radiance and Rhapsody will be doing Austrailia/New Zealand next year. Serenade is doing Alaska.

I had heard about the Austrailia run, but I wasn't sure if that was summer or winter. Serenade will be great. We love the Radiance class.

we are also planning Alaska cruise in 2011 summer. anyway, we don't have any ideas now. so come to this board to learn and please advise anything to us. we are two families with 2 teen girls who will be in 16 next summer.

thanks for any recommendation.

We are going to Alaska in July 2011. I have a 16 year old son, and we will be using Celebrity. We have sailed on Celebrity several times (since my son was 5 years old) and love it. I am waiting for Celebrity to release the 2011 info, but based on 2010 info, we will probably do a northbound trip (Vancouver to Seward). As far as excursions: helicopter/dogsleding, zipline, ATV, glacier hike, white water rafting (in Denali, post-cruise), floatplane to Misty Fiords, and kayaking are some of his favorites.

We are going to Alaska in July 2011. I have a 16 year old son, and we will be using Celebrity. We have sailed on Celebrity several times (since my son was 5 years old) and love it. I am waiting for Celebrity to release the 2011 info, but based on 2010 info, we will probably do a northbound trip (Vancouver to Seward). As far as excursions: helicopter/dogsleding, zipline, ATV, glacier hike, white water rafting (in Denali, post-cruise), floatplane to Misty Fiords, and kayaking are some of his favorites.

Those all sound great. Where's the ATV adventure? That sounds like fun.

Still trying to decide, but here's what we are looking at:

Victoria: Butchhart Gardens and Miniature World

Juneau: Photo Safari (includes whale watching)

Hoonah: Shopping a bit and lunch

Skagway: Chilkoot's train & bus tour

Ketchikan: Not sure here...maybe Misty Fjord float plane, or the Bering Sea Crab fishing tour on the Aleutian Ballard. Wish I could make up my mind.

Seward: Salmonberry Tour - 6 hour tour ending at Anchorage airport. Stops in Girdwood at the Alaskan Wildlife Conservation Center, and a tram up to Mt Alyleska for lunch.

We are looking at booking Radiance southbound itinerary for May 2011.

The last Australia cruises are in April, as our summer is their winter. Both Radiance and Rhapsody could be back in Alaska for the summer.

I've been checking all day also. Someone else told me that the release date was today. Must be delayed.

We are hoping for June also.

The release is due sometime during the week of March 22nd not necessarily on the 22nd specifically. That was the case for the last two deployment releases and so I expect that sometime before the end of the week, we will see the schedule.:)

The last Australia cruises are in April, as our summer is their winter. Both Radiance and Rhapsody could be back in Alaska for the summer.

According to the Loyalty Ambassador on Mariner last week they will be in Aus/NZ and Serenade is it for Alaska. Will find out for sure in a day or two hopefully.

According to the Loyalty Ambassador on Mariner last week they will be in Aus/NZ and Serenade is it for Alaska. Will find out for sure in a day or two hopefully.

I hope this is not true. How can one ship do 3 different itineraries? Now I am REALLY curious as to what RCI is doing in Alaska for 2011. I just might have to reconsider Princess. :)

I hope this is not true. How can one ship do 3 different itineraries? Now I am REALLY curious as to what RCI is doing in Alaska for 2011. I just might have to reconsider Princess. :)

we are wondering which one we should try, Princess or RCCL. Which one do you recommend? We were with RCCL twice in caribbean area, Adventure and Independence of the Seas, we love both, but no experience with Princess. Thanks

Sounds good. Since we are just starting to consider it and didn't do our homeworks, we don't know yet for our dicision. I think we'll start with choosing a ship first and go to the excurtions. It'll be nice if we have chance to go together. I'll let you know.

we are wondering which one we should try, Princess or RCCL. Which one do you recommend? We were with RCCL twice in caribbean area, Adventure and Independence of the Seas, we love both, but no experience with Princess. Thanks

Not too sure I can help you out with this one but I will tell you what works for us. We have cruised with Princess and Royal Caribbean in Alaska and have enjoyed both. The differences in the two lines in our opinion are very minimal. When deciding which line to choose for Alaska we look at the itinerary, port times and pricing. We really don't have any cruise ship loyalty.

Princess has a naturalist on board and a lot of people like that -- for us it is not a deal breaker. Food is pretty much the same: both have their traditional dining, personal choice dining and buffets. However, we prefer the RC buffets to Princess. Princess has self-service laundry and RC doesn't (don't know if that matters or now--for some it does because they don't want to pack a lot of clothes for Alaska and want the opportunity to self-service wash while on board the ship). We felt staff was a little friendlier on RC. Entertainment was a little better on Princess. Age group was pretty much the same on both of our cruises.

Someone once compared picking a cruise line to picking a car --- I completely agree. What works for one might not work for another so that is why I am somewhat hesitant to offer a recommendation.

There are a lot of posts on this board comparing cruise lines. You might want to take a few minutes and browse through the recommendations and see if you can get any inside information that might prove helpful to your research. Also, you could ask if anyone has the activities sheets from both cruise lines so you can get an idea of the daily activities.

Good luck --- You will love Alaska!

Archived