2011 Alaska Itineraries Released Today?

Glacier Bay is better known but not really the better glacier experience....

Hubbard Glacier is a much larger and more active glacier than the biggest of Glacier Bay's glaciers...

But it's all in the marketing.

Princess is not the only brand to do Glacier Bay, but has a lot of the permits to visit. Royal did Glacier bay until a few years ago.

Thank you for your reply so quick.

So, the point is Glacier is kinda must in Alaska cruise, right? If so, for the first time Alaskan cruiser, Princess is the only one we'd better choose, am I right?

NCL and HAL also go to Glacier Bay.

So, the point is Glacier is kinda must in Alaska cruise, right? If so, for the first time Alaskan cruiser, Princess is the only one we'd better choose, am I right?

I have never been to Glacier Bay, but we did go to Hubbard Glacier last year and it was positively amazing! You would not be disappointed. We just prefer Royal over Princess in general. So we will be going to Alaska on Royal again next year. Well, if they ever open up the sailings.:)

NCL and HAL also go to Glacier Bay.

Thanks for telling. We had good experience with RCCL and we heard something good for Princess, I'm just talking about the cruise line and ships, no offense to any other lines. So we'd like to choose from either Princess or RCCL.

Still not out but the agent I just talked to said they usually pop up around 11am on the day they are posted......we'll see right?...like I'm going to walk away until then....LOL

Ugh! Did you talk with a TA or a RCI person? The C&A guy I talked with yesterday said that the information is loaded at night and would be available first thing in the morning --- my opinion, no one knows how things work. I think it will be up to us to keep each other informed. As soon as I get through I will let you all know. :)

Hoping to do an Alaska trip Aug 2011 to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary.

Can anyone advise which is the best tour to do.

TIA Marcella:confused:

Another celebration here, not for wedding but for our kids sweet 16. Also need help from people for all kinds of advices.

We will also be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary on our May 2011 Alaska cruise--- early congratulations.

To better help you plan your Alaskan cruise, you might want to post over on the Alaska Port Board. Lots of information from past Alaskan cruisers. Make sure you better define what you want --- best tour to do is pretty widespread. Are you talking land tour, cruise, excursions?

Happy planning.

Ugh! Did you talk with a TA or a RCI person? The C&A guy I talked with yesterday said that the information is loaded at night and would be available first thing in the morning --- my opinion, no one knows how things work. I think it will be up to us to keep each other informed. As soon as I get through I will let you all know. :)

It was an RCI person.....I have gotten 20 different dates the last 3 days....they're killing me here....I am officially impatient!:eek:

If you really want the best "bang for your buck", look at the Ultimate Alaska Cruise in September. This is usualy a 12-14 night cruise departing from Vancouver, going to Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway, the Hubbard Glacier, as well as the possibilty of stops in Sitka, Seattle, Astoria, San Francisco, and ending in San Diego.

It was an RCI person.....I have gotten 20 different dates the last 3 days....they're killing me here....I am officially impatient!:eek:

Me too! I have 5 more minutes to go before the 9 AM office opening. I will be placing my call soon --- curious to hear today's story. :D

If you really want the best "bang for your buck", look at the Ultimate Alaska Cruise in September. This is usualy a 12-14 night cruise departing from Vancouver, going to Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway, the Hubbard Glacier, as well as the possibilty of stops in Sitka, Seattle, Astoria, San Francisco, and ending in San Diego.

I looked at that one originally then opted for one with a land tour as well as I really wanted to visit Denali.....

2 years ago when I was waiting for Hawaii itineraries to open on the "scheduled date" I got up early every day waiting....it wasn't until Friday of that week......I got up early because of the 3 hour time difference between AZ and FL and they were not loaded into the system.....it finally showed about 10 am AZ time...1 pm FL....Go Figure!

Ok --- Just checked with the C&A desk, 2011 Alaska itineraries is NOT out yet. Asked the representative if the website or they will get the information first --- was told RCI first then website will be updated later --- so, she told me to keep checking back with RCI first.

Also asked what is the timing of the information --- RCI rep. told me they get it first thing in the morning. I said since you didn't have it this morning does that means you won't have it today? She said that is correct.

Curious to hear what message other callers get/got.

Good luck to you all.

No! Hubbard glacier is much better experience. That glacier is one of the most active in Alaska. However, Glacier Bay is better for wildlife viewing. Having been to both several times, I still prefer Hubbard. You may need to do both....;)

I don't think I can wait another day! I am waiting to book the 13 night Ultimate Alaska in May 2011 for our 20th anniversary.

Heck, since you are cruisin in a couple of days why not wait until you get on board. You will probably get the itinerary before we do. :D

Have a wonderful cruise.

I don't think I can wait another day! I am waiting to book the 13 night Ultimate Alaska in May 2011 for our 20th anniversary.

Hi Tammy

We are waiting for this cruise also, along with the previous cruise from Tampa.

If it pops up on your cruise, check out the deal you might get booking onboard. Last month they had a 3-1-1 deal. OBC up to $300, $100 p/p deposit, and a cabin upgrade.

Dennis

That is the sailing I am waiting for too. The waiting is killing me. Of course once I book it will be even worse waiting until next May to sail. Look forward to chatting with you on the roll call and then meeting on board. When we did this sailing last year we had a really great CC group.

BTW - The transatlantics were available on the agent site before they were on the regular website last week. So it will probably be the same for this sailing. I will let you guys know when I see it so you can call.

I just got a call from the super nice NCI person who promised to call me when the Alaska itineraries were released and he said "we just received an email that said the Alaska itineraries are on hold temporarily....we will let you know when they are ready to be released". So, the poor NCI call center folks know as much, or less, than we do. I love that customer service though....he promises to call me when they are available. Do those guys work on commission too?

I just got a call from the super nice NCI person who promised to call me when the Alaska itineraries were released and he said "we just received an email that said the Alaska itineraries are on hold temporarily....we will let you know when they are ready to be released". So, the poor NCI call center folks know as much, or less, than we do. I love that customer service though....he promises to call me when they are available. Do those guys work on commission too?

Did you mean an "RCI" person as in Royal Caribbean?

Hey A.....don't be a suite snob, go balcony with us cheapskates.

Oh good grief of course I meant RCI...see, my brain is fried from looking at the computer screen all day waiting for the itineraries!

Archived