Everything Serenade of the Seas

Hi all! My husband really enjoyed the Cigar Lounge on the Navigator of the Seas last year.

Is there anything like it on the Serenade of the Seas?:D

The Hollywood Odyssey up in the Viking Crown Lounge is the designated Cigar lounge - all windows and great views!

How is the selection of books on the SOS?

I have found the library to have a great variety of books, plus the book exchange (take one, leave one) area is good if you are just looking for a paperback to read. I always go armed with a few faves but if I run out, I've always found a good read there.

And they had wonderful entertainment last week! We so enjoyed an upscale duo, playing some classical music...a nice interlude in a busy week!

Great!

Tell us more about the music.

What other styles of live music is there?

Is there a calypso band?

Where can we listen to the music-what lounges or decks?

Thanks!

Just off the Serenade on Sunday. With this itinerary the ship leaves St. Lucia and heads toward Antigua so it does not go past the Pitons. If you're an early riser, we went past them coming in about 5-6:00AM, but no 360 turn, it would have rolled everybody out of bed.

Sadie8 it sounds like you did the same itinerary as we are in August with a Sunday to Sunday departure. Can you tell me which nights were formal nights? I have read conflicting things on this board and was hoping you could clear that up :). Also when was the Caribbean night and the midnight buffet? Would love to know that as well :)

also if anyone one there can post menus for each night of the cruise with this itinerary starting Sunday that would be amazing. We are trying to decide which nights to book Portofino and Chops and I want to do those on nights where maybe the menu isn't as appealing. Somebody please help :))

Thank you so much for starting this thread! My husband and I are seriously considering the SOS this summer (8/1) sailing and this thread is perfect! Please keep posting the Compass, if possible, as I enjoyed reading the first one.

This will be our fifth time cruising, 2nd with RCI and 1st on a smaller ship. After all the terrific reviews and the fantastic itinerary, I cannot wait until we book!

Did you book your cruise for August 1? My DH and I are on this cruise as well! There is a roll call for this sailing...only four of us so far but come join in if you booked :))

Sadie8 it sounds like you did the same itinerary as we are in August with a Sunday to Sunday departure. Can you tell me which nights were formal nights? I have read conflicting things on this board and was hoping you could clear that up :). Also when was the Caribbean night and the midnight buffet? Would love to know that as well :)

Our cruise was 8 nights, Saturday to Sunday. So the menus were mixed up a bit. I think our formal nights were Sunday (first day at sea) and Friday (St. Croix). I never had any trouble finding something delicious to eat in the MDR every night. We went to Portofinos on Wednesday night and had the most wonderful meal. Everything was amazing from the appetizers through dessert. Enjoy your cruise.

Serenade of the Seas our favourite ship so far, runs a close second - her sister ship the Jewel,

Check out the Photo Gallery above in CC,

and this link http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj147/us2Rcrew/Serenade%20of%20the%20Seas

for hundreds of Photos of and around the Serenade.

Welcome to CC and happy cruising, enjoy.

This is going to be our FIRST but certainly not our last cruise on RCI...if the pictures of the Serenade of the seas are to be beleived ...what little we've seen She is a beautiful ship (thank you for the pics!:D) and Makes us even more excited!

Andy

Hi! For those of you that frequent the Concierge Lounge.......on the first night.....are the hours different? I know on the Adventure the hours were earlier because of the Muster Drill being at 8:30. How does it work on the Serenade on the first night? Thanks!

Hi! For those of you that frequent the Concierge Lounge.......on the first night.....are the hours different? I know on the Adventure the hours were earlier because of the Muster Drill being at 8:30. How does it work on the Serenade on the first night? Thanks!

On our first night, they did last call at 8pm -15min prior to mustering.

Thinking about booking Serenade for May 2011. I have 2 questions:

1) In your opinion, which itinerary is better. The one with Aruba/Curacao or St.Lucia/Antigua?

2) Hardly anyone talks about E1 balconies - forward on deck 7. They look like the balcony is larger than many others. Maybe the theatre is a problem?

My DH and I were in San Juan the night before sailing on the Serenade in April '09 when he had a heart attack and of course we didn't take our cruise. At that time we had a D1 9092. It's not available for our dates.

I love these boards. And yes, finally an "Everything Serenade.."

Francois Roux and he had just started I believe two weeks before our cruise on May 16th. We loved him!

But is he the bald headed Francois? I think he's the one. If so we are actually looking forward to seeing him again. He has his own unique way of being...."entertaining". LOL

Yes, that's him...I found his picture and I took a picture of his name tag. Too funny. I never thought I'd see him again.

Gina

Yes, that's him - He ran the lounge beautifully - we spent a lot of time there! Every morning at 7:00 breakfast was out and the room was 80% full. At night, we got there just before 5:00 and we were welcomed to come in. very helpful and proper - we enjoyed being with him.

Hi everyone. This is an awesome thread. I was just wondering- seeing as how expensive it is to send an email from on board (as an employee), is there any way to send snail mail? I can't imagine there is absolutely no contact with the outside world when you are a cruise employee! :eek:

If there is snail mail, then specifically I was wondering what the Serenade mailing address is (if such a thing exists). I guess they would only receive their mail when the ship returns to its embarkation site, though...

Archived