HAL ships.

irishjim

The Eurodam. She's too crowded, with too much of the typical public space given over to private, money-making, uses.

The staff didn't operated like the usual well-oiled machine. It was difficult to impossible to get service in the lounges, due to lack of sufficient staff.

For an inaugural cruise, with the attendant extra cost, there was nothing "special" about it.

On the cruises I took on her, she was not up to any of the other HAL ships (12 of them) I have sailed.

None of the HAL ships we've been on have been bad but we probably liked the Oosterdam the least. We really like the smaller R and S class ships better but that's what we started on so many years ago. Might be completely different if the Oosterdam had been our first HAL ship.

"The Eurodam. She's too crowded, with too much of the typical public space given over to private, money-making, uses.

The staff didn't operated like the usual well-oiled machine. It was difficult to impossible to get service in the lounges, due to lack of sufficient staff.

For an inaugural cruise, with the attendant extra cost, there was nothing "special" about it.

On the cruises I took on her, she was not up to any of the other HAL ships (12 of them) I have sailed."

OUCH!!!!........looks like I sailed on a different Eurodam.....then again I did sail on her 9 months after her inaugural, however,

....cannot speak highly enough of her....beautiful, elegant, spaces too escape to; never appeared crowded, great food, great crew, beautiful cabin, all very good.....

Probably if she had been covered in chocolate your assessment may have been slighty more tasty !

Ciao,

Cristiano.

Probably if she had been covered in chocolate your assessment may have been slighty more tasty !

No, not at all. The question was which ship was the worst. For me, the E-dam was clearly not up to the standards the other ships have reached.

Archived