Carnival Prices DID go up, and NOT just for summer!

jordanaire

you can't say CCL didn't give plenty of notice (email if u were signed up & on website) they were going to raise the prices

im willing to bet there will be a corresponding sale sooner than later for ships that need one to fill 'er up.;)

did find it odd that mine went back up exactly the same amount as 1st ES price drop a few weeks ago - $110.:confused:

this is interesting. I wonder if price wars or price hikes will be the norm. I won't be able to cruise again till 2012. I priced my number one line,,HAL,,vs the same itnerary on CCL. HAL was 250 per person higher for the type of cabin I want (same cruise but for 2011). I can't wait to see what will happen a year from now when I book.

We booked our 2011 cruise on 1/28/2010 for a 4A cabin on Miracle.

The price has now gone up $210 pp since then. It probably has a lot to do with the fact it is a new itinerary - Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, Aruba, & Curacao.

Sure glad we booked when we did. I had started looking at this cruise & new itinerary in early November. Between 11/2/09 and 1/28/10 it had gone up by $40 pp. That's when I decided we'd better book it rather than wait till we got home from our 2/24 cruise on the same ship.

Our 10/10 sailing on the Splendor was $389 (ES rate - Cat 4A) when when first started looking at the cruise back in January. By the time I booked in early March it was at $399. We booked a 4J and it was $464. But when I checked yesterday the lowest rate was $439 and 4A and 4B cabins are not showing available to book any longer. So it looks like Carnival's plan to get a surge in bookings worked. Hope it tapers off and prices come back down.

I told everyone in my group to book before 3/22 even though we weren't on a summer sailing, just in case. Glad we all did!!!

And it shouldn't have risen for you due to Carnival's rate hike as it was only for Summer 2010 sailings (June, July, August) and not for cruises beyond that time so you are certainly proof they held to their word. :) I think all the cruises from now til September that are raising in rate have been due to increased bookings due to panic sales. There are still deals to be had for Spring sailings too though, if I were to book a guarantee right now I'd save about $60 over what I would have paid if I had done guarantee when I did book. However, if I had picked a specific cabin as I did, I'd pay around $45+ more, hard to tell since my category has been sold out for 3 weeks. :)

My November cruise just went up $50pp yesterday so I really do think it is not just for the summer cruises. My September cruise stayed the same after 3/22, though it had already risen $100pp from the first week in February when I booked it, until the first of March.

And it shouldn't have risen for you due to Carnival's rate hike as it was only for Summer 2010 sailings (June, July, August) and not for cruises beyond that time so you are certainly proof they held to their word. :) I think all the cruises from now til September that are raising in rate have been due to increased bookings due to panic sales. There are still deals to be had for Spring sailings too though, if I were to book a guarantee right now I'd save about $60 over what I would have paid if I had done guarantee when I did book. However, if I had picked a specific cabin as I did, I'd pay around $45+ more, hard to tell since my category has been sold out for 3 weeks. :)

If you read again the first post, they said the prices went up for all cruises, so that is why I pointed out that mind did not.

My Jan 2011 one did NOT change at all.

You are lucky. Our Feb 2011 Miracle sailing has sky-rocketed. Up until yesterday up $260 pp in our 8D balcony cabin, and up $80 pp in our boys 4D. Today, all 8A-8D's are GONE and the 4D is up another $50 pp....that's a tremedous HIKE in rates......$800 more for the 4 of us! And this is NOT a summer 2010 cruise!! Happy we booked when we did....and it was the most expensive one we've booked to date at that!

Archived