NCL - Swim Diapers?

BalconyBreeze

I am not 100% positive, but I am pretty sure that it said no swim diapers on the one on the Pearl. I think the only ships that have an area for swim diapers is Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas and Oasis of the Seas and Disney ships. Hope that helps some....

You wouldn't want your little one to swim in someone else's "diaper contents", either, would you?

Unless the pool or splash area is specially filtered, it's like playing in a toilet, if diapers of ANY kind are allowed.

I understand the policy...but as you saw on the Gem....If you have a kiddie pool....which I would think is for toddlers.....Aren't most still using a swim diaper?

Oh well.....we'll pack a few and see what the rules are. Otherwise I guess our 2.5 year old will not be allowed to use their kiddie pool?

These pools are not clorinated that way pools are on land (because the water must be dumped into the ocean). If a non-potty trained child has a "#2" accident in the pool, it will be closed for cleaning for an extended period (and possible all day), which means all children lose the ability to use it because someone else didn't follow the rules. This has happened to a number of people on these boards.

I will say, it can be difficult to explain to a child that they can not do something they see other kids doing (playing in the pool in a swim diaper), but I found it was as good a time as any to start the "just because others are doing it..." routine that I'm sure will be coming up over and over for the next decade or so :rolleyes:.

Best,

Mia

I understand the policy...but as you saw on the Gem....If you have a kiddie pool....which I would think is for toddlers.....Aren't most still using a swim diaper?

Oh well.....we'll pack a few and see what the rules are. Otherwise I guess our 2.5 year old will not be allowed to use their kiddie pool?

Many toddlers are already toilet-trained and use "kiddie" pools because they are shallow, and toddlers aren't very tall. If your 2.5 year old is not toilet trained, he/she cannot use the kiddie pool, even with "swimmies". I think it's already been confirmed that NCL does not allow non-TT kids OR kids with swim diapers in ANY of their pools, so the "rules" have already been stated. If - as on the GEM - it was reported that there were several swimmie-clad youngsters in the kiddie pool - I'm sure it might not be the ideal place you would want to take YOUR child! Who wants to be "that" parent?

Kiddie pools on ships are usually only for potty trained kids. I had a few trained by then.

No, as the others have explained, just because they are toddlers doesn't mean they aren't potty trained. My oldest took a while to potty train. So she wasn't allowed in the NCL ship pool when we did Norway (she was 2).

My youngest was potty trained by age 2.

Two different kids. Both raised by the same parents. One was just more stubborn than the other and each had their own time schedule.

As Mia explained -- no chlorine in the pools. So if your child does have an accident, then the pool is closed for cleaning for the rest of the day. It will need to be completly emptied and scrubbed/sanitized. This has happened to us twice before where my kids couldn't swim because other parents allowed their non-potty trained kids into a pool and got the kiddie pools shut down on our sea days. :rolleyes::mad: It makes my kids unhappy and pretty much makes my day pretty miserable. Please don't do it. :(

When are you going on your cruise? You may be able to potty train your toddler by then. Especially with her being older. We potty trained our son in a little over a week...just went straight to underwear..and he was over 2 1/2 at the time when we did. So you never know, your toddler might take to it quickly...

That does it! I am cancelling the cruise! Just kidding :)

All great points and taken. I would not want to ruin the cruise for any other little ones. We are going in two weeks and our little guy is in training......There still could be time! :)

Thanks again!

Good luck! I remember that first couple of days was stressful with the training..but all of sudden it just clicked for him. :)

Even if your son doesn't get fully trained, he will still have a great time, and you can probably find a pool in one of the ports you are going to :)

Are you going to Great Stirrup Cay? If so, there is a very long expanse of sand with very calm walk-in shallow water. BEACHES would be the way to go! You're cruising at a time of year when water tends to be calm and weather tends to be very nice. Nature takes care of Nature on beaches. Enjoy your cruise with your little one!

Archived