How to tell if cabin w/ Porthole is 1A or 4A?

gander24

My fiance and I planned a trip for our families on the Fantasy in August and booked a whole bunch of porthole rooms on the main floor. On Carnival's deck plans there is no mention of 1A vs 4A and the shading is for category PT - how do I figure out exactly what each cabin looks like? We'll be in M3, M5, M7, and M8.

My fiance and I planned a trip for our families on the Fantasy in August and booked a whole bunch of porthole rooms on the main floor. On Carnival's deck plans there is no mention of 1A vs 4A and the shading is for category PT - how do I figure out exactly what each cabin looks like? We'll be in M3, M5, M7, and M8.

Category PT is a separate category from 1A or 4A. Your rooms are all category PT, which means they have 2 twin regular twin beds that can be pushed together, and you have porthole windows. They look almost exactly like category 6 oceanview rooms, except they have portholes instead of a picture window. 4A rooms are all interior rooms. 1A rooms have just one twin bed, plus either an upper or sofa bed. Some 1As will have portholes, but there are no 1A porthole rooms on the Fantasy.

Not totally correct that all cabins with portholes are just listed as PT cabins. Some as on the Triumph are listed as 1As. This is the symbol for 1As with 2 portholes:

connecting_stateroom.gif Stateroom with 2 Porthole Windows

I am booked in a 1A Porthole on the Triumph for September. I book them whenever they are still open. Favorite cabins on any ship, best bang for the buck.

Not totally correct that all cabins with portholes are just listed as PT cabins. Some as on the Triumph are listed as 1As. This is the symbol for 1As with 2 portholes:

connecting_stateroom.gif Stateroom with 2 Porthole Windows

I am booked in a 1A Porthole on the Triumph for September. I book them whenever they are still open. Favorite cabins on any ship, best bang for the buck.

In the poster's defense, I think they are talking about the OPs ship in particular, not in general. The OP is on a Fantasy class ship.

You do have to be so careful to dot every i and cross every t on here, or someone will correct you without saying, yes its true on the OPs ship, but not on every ship. People wonder why Im so wordy on here ... its because I try to cover my arse.

Thanks all.. I realize we booked a "PT" cabin, but there were quite a few posts fairly recently relating 1A's/bunk beds to porthole rooms.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=933004

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=725576

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=322159

Our room is listed as PT (and shaded as such) but also has that diamond symbol indicating it is a porthole room. There are no 1A category cabins on the deck plans with the porthole symbol to my knowledge - so is it safe to say ALL of the PT category rooms on the Fantasy will have 2 twins that can be pushed together, and NOT bunk beds?

Our room is listed as PT (and shaded as such) but also has that diamond symbol indicating it is a porthole room. There are no 1A category cabins on the deck plans with the porthole symbol to my knowledge - so is it safe to say ALL of the PT category rooms on the Fantasy will have 2 twins that can be pushed together, and NOT bunk beds?

Yes, that is correct. Any rooms that are category PT will have 2 twin beds that can be pushed together. Category 1A rooms are what have the bunk beds (twin plus an upper), or they have a twin plus a single sofa bed. On the Fantasy (and other Fantasy class ships), there are no 1A rooms with portholes. So every room with portholes on the Fantasy is category PT, with the 2 regular beds. You'll love your rooms. They are a great value, paying the same price as the lowest category inside room for a room that's almost as good as an oceanview.

From the following website: https://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/fantasy/fantasy.htm

Cabin M3 PT OSTW 185 sq ft

Beds: twin/king rab:0

View: 2 portholes

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; wall safe; 3-closets; shower; chair

Cabin M5, Cabin M7, Cabin M8 are the same as M3

Archived