San Blas Islands.

irishjim

Anyone know the name of he Island that the cruise lines visit,was there years ago but did not know the name of the island,went on the net to find out but there was a lot of islands,will be going there again in April 2010.

Thanks,Jim.:D:D:D

I always thought the island was called San Blas, Panama..The San Blas Caribbean Archipelago is a sovereign country of the native Kuna Indians...

In our copy of the Shore excursion booklet on NCL in 1999 it was just listed as San Blas, Panama....

This WEB site gives quite a bit of info & says the most interesting islands are Achutupu, Kagantupu and Coco Blancoyou... So now have no idea which island you may have visited..Since you are going there in April, perhaps you will come back & let us know the name of the Island..

Enjoy your cruise..

http://www.enjoypanama.com/san_blas.htm

Cheers.....:)Betty

We were there last October, and I'm pretty sure there was no identification of the specific island we visited. We didn't tender in, as I avoid most tenders, but folks that did said it was little more than a straw market. From our balcony, we were fascinated with another of the islands that was just large enough for one house and a spot to tie up a canoe - both of which were, indeed, there.

Anyone know the name of he Island that the cruise lines visit,was there years ago but did not know the name of the island,went on the net to find out but there was a lot of islands,will be going there again in April 2010.

Wonderful that you are going again! We stopped there on our 12/21 Statendam cruise. Would love to go there again someday! There are some pictures of our visit to San Blas in my 1st Statendam album.

I believe the name of the island that HAL visits is Carti Island. You can arrange transport with the natives to other islands but I don't know the names of those. We visited the San Blas Islands in Oct. and really enjoyed our visit. Very colorful!!

2zj9fo3.jpg

• 1 month later...

We visited the San Blas islands in December 2009 on the HAL Statendam. I am now trying to find the name of the island so that I can fill out my albums. It almost seems like there is a scheme afoot :D to keep me from finding out! Google Earth has only a very smudgy view of the Islands and Google maps isn't much better. I do know that the Island we visited was part of Carti, but my almost illegible notes list the island as Carti Tupile or Carti Sugtupu? Since I can't find any mention of a Sugtupu, but I can find a Tupile, I'm going with that! It was our first time to these islands and the experience was out of this world!

Archived