Ipod touch

Missa

There is a new RCI app out from Gills cruise centre, it has more info than shipmate.

That's the one I downloaded, I just found it today. I saw they had one for Celebrity, and when you open that one it has a link to the RCI one. The search feature on Apple is really tedious though. :D:rolleyes:

That's the one I downloaded, I just found it today. I saw they had one for Celebrity, and when you open that one it has a link to the RCI one. The search feature on Apple is really tedious though. :D:rolleyes:

It still doesn't have the Navigator Europe cruises. Maybe they are still working on it. I think ShipMates is a better app though, because it doesn't have the sale and booking options. Deck Plans are good though. I seriously doubt if I would EVER book a cruise through my Ipod. Not in the next few years anyway. :rolleyes:

You will have to pay for WiFi access, just like if you were using a laptop. The cruise line does not magically open up it's expensive satellite link for your personal use, just because you have an iTouch. You still have to pay, just like everyone else.

If you have a newer version of the touch with the mic built into the headphones, you can download the the icall app and make free 5 min calls anywhere in North America

Really? That's very cool. I do have the headphone/microphone one...but it doesn't really seem to understand anything I say. I switch it to voice...and it says, "You do not have Genius enabled". I say "Freight", (from Starlight Express) which is one of my songs... and it plays "I'm on a Boat". So I don't know how well that would work, but I will check it out. Thanks! :D

Some of these apps have advertisements and other stuff they want you to do (like the Gills) through wi-fi. For us(we have the 32g), our fingers are always hitting something we don't need by accident, but its ok because our wi-fi is free. ON BOARD I would turn the wi-fi OFF on your touch.

I have an ipod touch, that only works in free wifi areas (unless i pay for wifi), unlike the iphone where you can access teh internet most of the time.

So, would I have any wifi, or free wifi abod the ship (radiance OTS)?

Secondly, are there any good cruising, traveling, packing apps that anyone can reccomend? :)

I'm glad you posted here, because i'm trying to decide wHether i should get an ipod touch or a netbook. after reading all of the responses to your post, i think i'll get the touch. when lugging 'stuff' around, i figure the smaller and lighter the better. thanks for the info. :)

I have downloaded Pandora to my IPOD. You can create your own radio station list, by selecting artist you like. You can get the free version that has some ads or the ad free version. I can connect via my wireless at home or at work. There is also fire/police radios and you can listen to cities all over the world.

Thanks Alan! I will check Pandora out. Fire & Police radios would be fun. When I was picking up my work car the other day, they gave me the wrong keys with this neat little tool on them. I asked the attendent what it was for....and he replied "handcuff key". So I knew they weren't mine.:D We don't take prisoners.

The only problem is....I don't have Wi-Fi at work or most places in the car unless I park at a Starbucks or McDonalds or other. :D:D

Archived