Hotels in FT. Lauderdale With Free Cruise Parking

Luvtoeat

Thanks to all that responded to my anytime dining question on the Solstice. Have booked it for late May and am thinking of driving down the day before. I understand some hotels or motels will allow you to park free for the week with just a 1 night stay. Would appreciate any comments how this worked out and if it was a hassle with having to get all your luggage to the port. Was it worth the effort instead of just parking at the port.

We have used the La Quinta Hollywood twice. They include parking for the duration of the cruise and a shuttle to the port. You need to take a taxi back. We were quite impressed the first time, a year ago, but somewhat less pleased the second time. Nothing drastic, but the standard seemed to have slipped a little. It was still a good deal, significantly less than parking at the port for ten days, and we would probably use that hotel again for one night before a cruise.

Sheila

We've also used the LQ twice and will be there again this weekend because of the free parking for our month long cruise. I can update my impression in a few days.

Hyatt Place Airport North has parking and a shuttle bus. I am using Amex points for the stay and the manager gave me parking for $8 a day. Hyatt Place is a very nice hotel for families. We were at Pier 66, but self-parking was going to cost me $20 a day for my stay. No cruise parking. Plus breakfast was $24 per person:eek: Free continental breakfast at Hyatt Place.

Fairfield Inn & Suite (Marriott) has a new hotel close to the port with free parking but an $8.00 a person charge for the shuttle.We stayed there with points but it wasn't worth waiting for the shuttle which was a large motor coach that didn't leave until 1:30.We parked at park-n-go,AAA discount and 1 free day for cruise port parking.

• 2 months later...

We just booked a new hotel near the port that gives free parking up to 7 days and free transpertation to the port and back.

It has only been open since February 2010, so is brand new and looks very nice. It is a 15 minute drive to Port Everglades. It has a restaurant, bar, and pool and exercise room, as well as suite rooms.The restaurant has a small menu, but looks nice. They also serve speciality coffee's during the day. The hot buffet breakfast is $8.00 and includes Eggs to order, waffles, etc...

We paid $120.00 plus tax for a king suite room on 10/23/10 for our cruise on the Celebrity Solstice.. It seems like a great deal to us.. We usually stay at the Marriott but parking is expensive.. Has anyone else stayed at Cambria?? We would love some more information.

Cambria Suites

Daria Beach Florida

Web site... Cambriasuites.com

Jackie :)

Hyatt Place Airport North has parking and a shuttle bus. I am using Amex points for the stay and the manager gave me parking for $8 a day. Hyatt Place is a very nice hotel for families. We were at Pier 66, but self-parking was going to cost me $20 a day for my stay. No cruise parking. Plus breakfast was $24 per person:eek: Free continental breakfast at Hyatt Place.

We stayed at Hyatt Place Airport North this past December. Our stay was awful. Our room had no air conditioning. Staff wouldn't move us to another room. They were very rude. I'd never stay there again. We couldn't even get a fan.

This particular Hyatt Place was located at 1851 SE 10th Avenue. I wanted to clarify since there is more than one Hyatt Place.

We stayed at Hyatt Place Airport North this past December. Our stay was awful. Our room had no air conditioning. Staff wouldn't move us to another room. They were very rude. I'd never stay there again. We couldn't even get a fan.

This particular Hyatt Place was located at 1851 SE 10th Avenue. I wanted to clarify since there is more than one Hyatt Place.

Sorry you had such a poor experience:(

I have stayed there 3 different times and the a/c worked,

staff was cordial and I was pleased with it.:)

Archived