Private Rome tours

pick117

We are going in May and would appreciate any recommendations as to private guide companies:). There will be 12 of us and we can be broken into several groupings. Many are new to Rome and want to see the highlights and St Peters. We can pass on the Vatican Museum as it takes several hours that could be better spent on other sights.

We are going in May and would appreciate any recommendations as to private guide companies:). There will be 12 of us and we can be broken into several groupings. Many are new to Rome and want to see the highlights and St Peters. We can pass on the Vatican Museum as it takes several hours that could be better spent on other sights.

This coming May for 12 persons? :eek: I hope you can find anyone at all at this late date. We had Stefano from Romecabs booked at least 4 months in advance. I'd start with him and if he is not available, ask for a recommendation.

Also, you cannot go to Rome and miss the Vatican. Our guide (Stefano) arranged for us to have a private tour guide for the Vatican. We were there only a couple to three hours (including the Sistine Chapel and St. Peters) and felt we covered the highlights.;) With Stefano, we saw the main attractions of Rome in one day. We then stayed over for two extra nights, post cruise to enjoy at our leisure. Going back next spring! :)

We used Romeinlimo last May for our Med cruise in 3 ports. They were great. They arranged to buy all the admission tickets in advance and set up private tour guides for us at the Vatican and in Pompeii. It was well worth the money we spent to have the private tours. If you check out the ports of call boards for the Med you will see tons of reviews on different tour companies.

We used Fabrizio from allarounditaly.net for private tours in Florence/Rome and Naples in Nov 2008. It was wonderful and would thoroughly recommend him. His email address is: info@allarounditaly.net and phone number is: 39 3343346131 Good Luck!

I second the recommendation for Fabrizio--he is wonderful. We used him last year on our Med cruise in Florence, Rome, and Naples.

Me and my family would highly recommend Rome Cabs. We used them in October of 2009 when our cruise docked in Chivitavecchia. I had read great reviews on them so I decided to go with them over the other companies. I am very glad we did. Stefano was very prompt in replying to my inquiry. Our driver was Marco. He was waiting for us when we got off the ship. Marco is very knowledge about Roman History and Architecture. He is fluent in Spanish which was great since my parents are more comfortable speaking Spanish. He was very friendly and accommodating. Thanks to him we got to see and do more than the rest of the people from the cruise. He knew how to maximize our time by wasting the least time possible while at the same time he never rushed us and he gave us flexibility. He recommend a wonderful restaurant for lunch where we were treated like royalty. If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me.

I was in Rome for a week with my wife on our honeymoon (two weeks in Italy isn't a bad way to go) last March. Look at the recommendations from Rick Steves for tour guides. We went with Rome Walks and Roman Odyssey for the four tours we went on, and all were excellent. I also recommend paying the extra money for priority access to the Vatican, as it is amazing, and standing in line is not fun. Have fun!

We used Rome in Limo and I have never had such a brilliant experience on a tour ever! Our guide was brilliant - he had books to help us visualise what he was talking about and was so knowledgeable. He knew short cuts and quick tips allowing us to not feel rushed but still saw all the major sites in Rome. They also arranged a personal guide at the Vatican and I'm so glad we got one. Every thing made so much sense and we left understanding what we were seeing and having a brilliant time. He got us back to the ship within plenty of time and also stopped off at a pharmacy and helped me and my very poor Italian buy some medication. They were fabulous!

We also used Romeinlimo.com for our med cruise, at each port they were waiting at the dock as we walked off the ship, good vehicles, well versed drivers, we were more then satisfied with the service.

And...ditto to another ENTHUSIASTIC vote for ROME IN LIMO. We used them last year for our cuise, and are using them this year for our land vacation to the area.........couldn't be more helpful in making suggestions.

I have given their information to different friends...one used them last summer...and felt the exact same... Others will be using them later in the fall!!

These boards were so helpful to me, I felt I couldn't have made a bad decision. Since I was the "tour director" for my group of 6, I wanted to do my homework first, and not be disappointed during the vacation. I was thanked over and over for securing this company!!! ROME IN LIMO went above and beyond.......

Another enthusiastic vote for Romeinlimo! We used them in several Italian ports, including Roma. You won't be disappointed! :)

Yes, I agree! You'll be in good hands with Romeinlimo.

We used them last year while in Rome and Naples, and we couldn't have been happier.

Romeinlimo wil customize your tour to your liking, and also offer their suggestions as to what not to miss. They'll also have great recommendations for lunch and such.

Hope you have a wonderful visit, Rome is magical.

Mari

Another vote for romeinlimo- we used them in december and they were great!

Ditto for us for RomeInLimo. We booked them in three ports last year and have booked them again this year in Rome. Fabulous!! One of the best tour companies we've used in all of our cruising experience.

I agree with all the others that recommend Romeinlimo! I have toured with them on many occasions and several different ports and I just love them! We have had the most fun with their drivers! My family still talks about how much fun they had with our guides.

I must agree with Romeinlimo - we used them twice now, once for just our family, and then last year, our roll call used them for several tours, as well as transfers from airport to hotel and again to the pier. They treat you like family - I will use them again next year when we go to Rome. Can't go wrong....

• 4 weeks later...
We used Fabrizio from allarounditaly.net for private tours in Florence/Rome and Naples in Nov 2008. It was wonderful and would thoroughly recommend him. His email address is: info@allarounditaly.net and phone number is: 39 3343346131 Good Luck!

i have just gotten off the ruby transatlantic april 19 to may 5 2010, we used allarounditaly, words cannot express the most excellent tour guides we had. in rome it was andrea amore, cousin of fabrizio, the owner. he was excellent in his english, and we had an extremely fun time. we were 6 and never experienced the wit he expressed.

in livorno/pisa/florence, fabrizio sent us sabrina, she again was excellent, she spoke english and she was extemely entertaining. the weather was not with us when we were there but she never skipped a beat, umbrellas for all and not a moment missed!!!!

any questions??? i am here!!!!

Archived