Nachi Cocum or Paradise Beach???

Luvmyfam3

My husband and I are HUGE Nachi Cocum fans!!! We've gone twice and LOVED it!! But, this cruise we're bringing the kids: 18DD, 18DD, 16DD and 5DD...along with my parents. So, we're thinking that the kids would enjoy Paradise Beach better with the toys and such. Have you found that Nachi Cocum is too quiet for kids?? (which is why we love it!)

Thanks for your input!

Kim

That is why we do Paradise Beach.

If my boys are happy (and entertained)....I am happy.... LOL

They added some additional water toys with the younger set in mind last year.

The best part is that the wristbands are optional....so you are not forced to purchase something you won't be using.

The boys get the wristbands and hubby and I sit in the shade.....

Thanks for the input!

Since this trip is to celebrate our twin daughters graduating, I showed them both websites last night asking which one they would be most interested in. Surprisingly, they chose Nachi Cocom! :eek: I'm totally fine with that, but just surprised. Maybe it's about the included drinks with the drinking age being 18 there....lol.

So, right now, it looks like we'll do Nachi Cocom. Although, hearing that Paradise Beach has added more play things for the younger set is swaying me a little....:cool:

Kim

Thanks for the input!

Since this trip is to celebrate our twin daughters graduating, I showed them both websites last night asking which one they would be most interested in. Surprisingly, they chose Nachi Cocom! :eek: I'm totally fine with that, but just surprised. Maybe it's about the included drinks with the drinking age being 18 there....lol.

So, right now, it looks like we'll do Nachi Cocom. Although, hearing that Paradise Beach has added more play things for the younger set is swaying me a little....:cool:

Kim

So how old are the twins? If this is an elementary or middle school graduation, the toys at PB would be very entertaining to them. Adults and older children would probably prefer Nachi due to less crowds and thus quieter.

How many ships in port when you're there? www.cruisett.com can tell you. Lots of ships PB will be crowded. One or two ships probably less so.

18 or not, you're still the parents if you don't want them to have "all they can drink"....

Really??? Gee, thanks for clearing that up for me. I wasn't quite sure what my role was as a parent...;)

I didn't mean that I was going to let them get "all liquored up". I don't think that's even what they're interested in. But, as 18 year olds, they would like to have a drink where it's legal. And, obviously, I'd like to be around to supervise.

So how old are the twins? If this is an elementary or middle school graduation, the toys at PB would be very entertaining to them. Adults and older children would probably prefer Nachi due to less crowds and thus quieter.

How many ships in port when you're there? www.cruisett.com can tell you. Lots of ships PB will be crowded. One or two ships probably less so.

Our twins are 18, but we'll also have our 16 year old daughter and our 5 year old daughter with us as well. Also, my parents are coming along. It's such a wide age span that it makes thinks really tricky to make everyone happy on these excursions! :cool:

Thanks for the info. about the link! I will definitely check that out!!

Kim

We've been to Paradise Beach (no kids) and luv it. We actually enjoy watching the kids play in the water. However this time we are taking another couple with us and they are first timers and we are thinking about goint to Nachi.

I read in a review that it's $49 per person. Does anyone know if that includes drinks AND food? The menu on their website doesn't have pricing and I don't see a price menu at all on the web site.

Thanks for any help you can give

We've been to Paradise Beach (no kids) and luv it. We actually enjoy watching the kids play in the water. However this time we are taking another couple with us and they are first timers and we are thinking about goint to Nachi.

I read in a review that it's $49 per person. Does anyone know if that includes drinks AND food? The menu on their website doesn't have pricing and I don't see a price menu at all on the web site.

Thanks for any help you can give

The price includes food, sodas, liquor, beer etc., and a lot of wonderful peace and quiet....

OK now I need help. We are a group of 23 with kids from 12-20. We like everything. One question, though, can you go to Nachi and NOT pay the all inclusive price? As we, too, have 18 year olds, actually 5 boys.

• 2 weeks later...

They added some additional water toys with the younger set in mind last year.

My DD (11) and DS (8) are not very good swimmers.

I've read that you go right into the water after coming off the slide or other toys. Is the water deep or could they jump and stand right back up w/out the fear of drowning?

Have you found that Nachi Cocum is too quiet for kids?? (which is why we love it!)

We are undecided between Nachi Cocum, Paradise Brach, and Chankanaab Park. I am aware that they are each unique in their own different ways.

But I am leaning more towards Nachi Cocum bc it's AI. So will it be too boring for my kids?

Also does Nachi Cocum offer non-alcoholic beverages for the kids- such as piña coladas or possibly smoothies other than just soft drinks and waters?

We just went to Nachi with my 14 year old and 12 year old.

Yes, they can have virgin drinks. My 14 had several non-alcoholic strawberry daiquiris. I think we got more than our $29 worth of drink and food for him.

My kids loved it! 12 year old swam, played in the sand, picked up shells, swam in the pool, etc.

14 year old loved Nachi because it was so "chill." He loved just laying on the beach and ordering a virgin daiquiri.

FYI - They put a wrist band on you when you enter. 18 and over is one color and kids are another color. I am sure it helps the server and bar staff know who is 18 and who is not.

I would say it may not be for every child. I know kids from school who would not like it at Nachi. You know your kids best and what they would like. For our family it was a good choice.

We just returned from Nachi as well. Great deal for the money. My husband, who is VERY picky when it comes to food, declared their Grouper sandwich as one of the best meals he's ever had!

Keep in mind that if you have a child who qualifies as "free", they do not get a lounge chair. We heard a couple protesting loudly about this when we were there, and I thought I would pass it along...

I have the same questions about taking my kids, DD (10), DS (10) DS (8). I'm leaning towards Paradise Beach, but Chankanaab & Nachi sound tempting as well.

I know there is snorkling at Chankanaab, but can the kids snorkel at Nachi?

My husband and I are HUGE Nachi Cocum fans!!! We've gone twice and LOVED it!! But, this cruise we're bringing the kids: 18DD, 18DD, 16DD and 5DD...along with my parents. So, we're thinking that the kids would enjoy Paradise Beach better with the toys and such. Have you found that Nachi Cocum is too quiet for kids?? (which is why we love it!)

Thanks for your input!

Kim

We've been to Nachi Cocom twice. 2nd time was last week. I have posted a lot about the place. We really like it as did our DD13 and DS9. It is not a 'party' beach... but you can have fun there.

• 2 weeks later...

We visited Paradise Beach in November 2009. My two DS (12 & 14) LOVED it. This was their favorite port. We stayed at the beach only 3 hours due to the weather, but the time we were there was fantastic.

PB has so many activities for the kids. They loved the water trampoline and slide. The Iceberg is a little hard to get up on if you don't have great upper body strength. The Kayaks were also great. For $10 each the kids played for hours on the water toys, snorkeled, and kayaked all day. I played in the water with them also. I loved the kayaks. The water is very calm so it is very easy to manuver a kayak. While you will not see all the colorful fish you would if you were snorkeling in Belize, this is a great place to learn to snorkel (calm waters) or just relax and have a great time. They have life vests that you can use snorkeling, Kayaking, or playing on the water toys.

The food was very good and relatively inexpensive. I recommend the fish tacos and the nachos (which were huge!). The frozen drinks are fantastic as well. Yumm. :D

While the beach is pretty long, it is not very deep. The chairs are very close together and there are alot of them. If there are alot of ships in port, the beach will be crowded. This is the only down side.:(

I would definately recommend Paradise Beach to anyone traveling with kids. There is so much to do here for kids and adults. And you cant beat all the amenities you get for the price.

Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

I'm addicted to this site so you can rest assured a very detailed review is always done right after I get home. It helps me think that I'm still on the ship....:cool:

Thanks again Chef P from a former F&B Director!!!!

I just submitted my resevation request through the web site you just provided. I had read before about the $12 advance fee and then cash upon arrival.

I first tried the other web site you mentioned and I did get a response but they had form they wanted me to fill out and fax or email back and I couldn't tell if they were going to charge me the entire amount or just a deposit or nothing at all. Even gave it to Dawn to see if she could figure out and both of us were at a loss.

So we'll try this other one first and go from there. Thanks again for all the help.

I have always booked thru Island Marketing. We pd. $12 down and the remainder in cash when we arrived. http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelBeachBreak.htm

I saw this new site. Has anyone booked thru the new site? http://www.cozumelnachicocom.net/

That is the website that belongs to Nachi Cocom. They are now taking reservations directly. In the past you could only book through the other website.

I have booked through them directly for our November visit.

Archived