some suggestions for getting a table for 2

My husband and I will be cruising on the Grandeur of the Seas in late May. We prefer to have a table for two at dinner and I have sent two email requests and have yet to receive a response. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how we can get a table for two? It's our first vacation without our four kids and we're kinda looking forward to socializing with each other for a change.

My husband and I will be cruising on the Grandeur of the Seas in late May. We prefer to have a table for two at dinner and I have sent two email requests and have yet to receive a response. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how we can get a table for two? It's our first vacation without our four kids and we're kinda looking forward to socializing with each other for a change.

If you choose My Time Dining, you can request a table for two every night. There might be a bit of a wait, but you will be guaranteed a table for two.

We always get a table for two--we're on vacation and prefer the "us" time. If you don't hear back, as soon as you get on the ship, head to the MDR and talk to the Maitre D'. If he doesn't have anything immediately available, he should be able to get you something and you'll get a message in your room.

We sent an e-mail before our last cruise and didn't hear anything. Our request was honored though. They just sometimes are not good at getting back to you.

I think you can also try My Time Dining. You'll have to pre-pay your gratuities, but I think that is another way to ensure a table for two.

You may get some responses to this telling you that cruising is about meeting other people, etc. If you want a table for two, get a table for two!!!! Have a wonderful time! :)

This is what we do to assure a table for two. Right after we board the ship, we go to the MDR and check our table number which is on the SeaPass. If the table is not for two (and it often isn't), we find out when the maitre d' will be available and ask him to change our table assignment. There is often a line of supplicants wanting table changes.

The weirdest assignment we ever had was the time I was assigned a table on one floor of the MDR and Hubby another table on another floor! We have been married 43 years, so that arrangement was not acceptable to us.:)

Only once has the maitre d' told us flat out that he couldn't get us a table for two. That was on a cruise to the Panama Canal and the ship was fully booked.

I wish you folks luck on your table assigment.

The best course is the see the Maitre D' as soon as you board. Lines tend to be long if you wait until later in the afternoon.

We emailed for a table for two and when we boarded, we went directly to the dining room. We found the table for 2 was at the top of the stairway and not the quiet table for 2 we anticipated.

We looked for the maitre d and had to wait til he arrived and the dining room officially opened. It really is best to get there as soon as possible and get your table confirmed.

I printed my Set Sail pass today and noted that it indicated our boarding time as 2:00. Our plane arrives much earlier than that. Are we able to board earlier than our Set Sail pass time says or are we locked into arriving near that time? I think our plane arrives in Fort Lauderdale at 8:15 so I am sure that we could be among the early arrivers to the ship to speak to the Maitre D but I wasn't sure how "set in stone" those times are.

I printed my Set Sail pass today and noted that it indicated our boarding time as 2:00. Our plane arrives much earlier than that. Are we able to board earlier than our Set Sail pass time says or are we locked into arriving near that time? I think our plane arrives in Fort Lauderdale at 8:15 so I am sure that we could be among the early arrivers to the ship to speak to the Maitre D but I wasn't sure how "set in stone" those times are.

Boarding will begin at 11:00 - 11:30.

You sent your request in a bit early. Table assignments are only made a week prior to your cruise. Send your email with your request to rcidining@rccl.com 3 - 4 weeks prior to your cruise. I have never had a problem getting a table for 2.

I would just head over to the pier when you get to the airport. You will probably have to wait a little while, but probably just until about 10 or 10:30. You wont be able to get into your room until 1, but the Windjammer will be open for lunch, and you're free to use the pool and check out the ship.

When you check in you'll get your compass, and that will tell you what time the maitre d' will be available. We boarded before he was technically supposed to be there, but he was at his station and he helped us. Again, go to the MDR first if you have any questions. Many people go there first to check out their tables, and if they are unhappy with them, they will line up to get them changed.

We booked for our April 24 Cruise on Explorer in late February. The travel agent said he got us a table for two. Just to confirm around mid-March, we found a thread here where the e-mail addresses of the restaurant operations managers for all ships were listed. We e-mailed the restaurant manager for Explorer and he got back to us with a confirmation of our table number and that we had a table for 2 about a week after.

On one of our cruises many years ago, dh and i went to maitre d' as soon as we boarded and told him that we were on our honeymoon! He was very gracious and changed our table assignment right there!

Go to the MDR as soon as you board and speak to the manager. My DH and I feel the same way and we've always gotten a table for 2--no problem.

Have a wonderful time!:)

Archived