Future Cruise Credit Clarification

asctony

One to watch out for now with FCC... not sure if it applies in the USA?

We recently booked and sailed with Princess here in Australia and was refused our FCC (would have been $75ea).

The reason for the refusal was because the fare we received was too low.??? It was a fare openly advertised with no special conditions by an online agent around 2 months before the sailing.

We were of the understanding that FCC's apply regardless of the retail price obtained but according to several Princess sources this has now changed.

Again this, along with other things, are not clearly detailed on the FCC document issued to past cruisers. If Princess now want to apply various conditons to their FCC system they should just remove the FCC system and offer bonuses on individual cruise purchases.

You can't change the system but you can shop elsewhere. For us it has become time to try another cruise line anyway.:rolleyes:

I've just stumbled upon this thread after posting a question about OBC in connection with a Holding Booking I made last August on Grand Princess.

What Gillian from Cheshire says above is (as far as I know) correct - UK residents don't pay anything when registering for a Holding Booking reference number onboard a Princess cruise for future use.

This procedure might only apply to UK clients on cruises which are specifically designed for Brits - like the Sea Princess caribbean jaunts or the Grand Princess out of Southampton.

Always read the fine print.

Following is a direct quote from the bottom (double asterisk) of my FCC confirmation letter:

"The Future Cruise Deposit is valid for four years. The deposit should be applied to a

booking that sails within four years from date of purchase, if it is not used the deposit will be refunded and cannot be

extended."

Similar to Cruise Junky, I give the Princess rep the issue date of the FCC I want to use.

Always read the fine print.

Following is a direct quote from the bottom (double asterisk) of my FCC confirmation letter:

"The Future Cruise Deposit is valid for four years. The deposit should be applied to a

booking that sails within four years from date of purchase, if it is not used the deposit will be refunded and cannot be

extended."

Similar to Cruise Junky, I give the Princess rep the issue date of the FCC I want to use.

My TA knows to always use the oldest one(s)

Archived