Review with Lots of Photos - Quest SE Asia - Feb 20

MVPinBoynton

We have just posted the review of our February 20 Southeast Asia cruise on the Azamara Quest. We had an absolutely wonderful time in an amazing part of the world. With us taking over 5,400 photos and reducing that number to over 700 photos for the review, it had to be broken into two parts. Even breaking it up, it can take a long time to download. Please be patient. I have also included a section with menus and food photos that are linked to on each page. Carol has also put together a Snapfish photo album with captions with over 500 photos, many of which are of the people that were on the cruise. It also includes larger format photos of the ports. Enjoy! This is a link to our website.

WWW.thepreismans.com Click on the SE Asia button.

Just finished looking at your fantastic website. We are booked on the December 21, 2010 cruise on Azamara, which has a similar itinerary. The information you have shared will be invaluable. I plan to contact your tour guides in Bankok and Vietnam. You seemed very pleased with everyone.

We were on the Quest last March and did the Beijing to Hong Kong trip. We loved it. It was one of the best trips we ever took (and we've done about 65 cruises). I don't know if you have done that itinerary, but Azamara did a great job and we were able to dock in the center of all the cities, except of course Beijing, which is about two hours from the port.

By the way, we live in Delray Beach! Thanks again.

Glad you enjoyed the review. You will really enjoy the actual cruise. There were several folks in our CC Roll Call group that did the B2B to Bejing. Other than some bad weather, they seemed to really enjoy themselves. As you read in the review, the only port we weren't docked close to town was when we were in Halong Bay and had to drive 3+ hours to Hanoi. It was so nice to be able to get up river in Bangkok and HCMC.

I read your brief on Singapore as we are heading there in 10 weeks on the Sun Princess. It looks fabulous. The Azamara is very similar to the Tahitian Princess, which we thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you for posting the link. You are obviously passionate about cruising and writing travel articles.

All the best for future cruises...

Anna

Thank you Anna. Have a great time in SE Asia. We look forward to returning you to your beautiful country one of these days.

And when you do, you better let us go with you. :D

Reading your latest review and seeing your photos was a pleasure. Thanks once again for sharing your experiences of a wonderful cruise.

It was enjoyable to refresh my memories of Bangkok, as I'm making a return visit next month.

Reading your latest review and seeing your photos was a pleasure. Thanks once again for sharing your experiences of a wonderful cruise.

It was enjoyable to refresh my memories of Bangkok, as I'm making a return visit next month.

I'm so glad that it brought back some fond memories. Bangkok was our favorite port. I hope you have a wonderful time there next month.

As you read in the review, the only port we weren't docked close to town was when we were in Halong Bay and had to drive 3+ hours to Hanoi. It was so nice to be able to get up river in Bangkok and HCMC.

As it appears to be a highlight to be able to get up river (Bangkok and HCMC) in a cruise ship, did you see any cruise ships, a bit bigger than yours, up river? Do you think a medium size ship would be able to get up river?

As it appears to be a highlight to be able to get up river (Bangkok and HCMC) in a cruise ship, did you see any cruise ships, a bit bigger than yours, up river? Do you think a medium size ship would be able to get up river?

On our way up the Mekong into Saigon Mike and I were talking to Anton the Hotel Manager and he pointed out a place where the big ships dock. About three hours later, we docked in Saigon. That's about it. Any bigger and you get to drive about as far as we did to Hanoi.

The only other larger cruise ship we saw was the Aida Cara, which is 38,500 tons with 1,180 passengers; compared to the Quest's 30,000 tons and 690 passengers. It was a lot bigger passenger wise, but not in size.

Archived