Travel Agent removed my access to 'My Cruises'

Actually they can block your use of the system with a nasty little trick.... They give you their OWN booking number which looks like the one from the line or they don't tell you are being booked into a group (then again sometimes the particular agent doesn't even know that) and then give you the group ID only. One cannot use the group ID and the personal booking number is only issued once the details have been passed on to the cruise line. Many outfits book a group and then only submit the names very late leaving (sometime even without intending it) their client high and dry.

There are lots of agents out there who are fit in destinations and ships etc but since there are so many lines out there and they all do it a little different the agents are not all into the nitty gritty of every line unless they take the time to research it all. It does make things difficult ever now and then.

When you access your Online Booking, it will state, any changes have to be made by your TA, but that has nothing to do with your personal informations for you and your spouse and showing emergency Contacts, Passport Info etc. Our TA handles our booking but does not interfer with my Online information. This actually makes it easier for her as as everything gets mailed to our home. last time we received Docs was in 2008, but i guess that is eliminated now also, correct.

I doubt the travel agent has control over the RCCL website.

I have had issues for the past 10 days or so. Last night I was again able to see the reservations under "My Cruises". Before that, someone on our 4/4 AOS thread posted a back door through "Before You Board, Online Check-In"

Try accessing your reservation again. Despite what the TA told the OP, there was indeed an RCCL website problem. It had NOTHING to do with the travel agent.

After all, you need access to your booking to reserve Portofino, My Time Dining reservations, Excursions, Gifts, etc

When I called Royal Caribbean they asked me to contact my travel agent... like I said earlier im going to give them another phone.. on my lunch now so will phone shortly :)

The system is currently unable to handle your request for retrieving your reservation.

I have a booking with rccl uk,i booked it direct with rccl and i get the same message as you,i dont think it has anything to do with your TA,i think rccl uk has problem with its website,i have booked with TA in the past and never had problems with my cruises account.

The system is currently unable to handle your request for retrieving your reservation.

I have a booking with rccl uk,i booked it direct with rccl and i get the same message as you,i dont think it has anything to do with your TA,i think rccl uk has problem with its website,i have booked with TA in the past and never had problems with my cruises account.

This is similar to the problem that just got fixed on the US site.

Sorry if I confused anyone earlier- on my iphone.

I didnt have an online my cruises account. I live in the UK. I have 2 cruises booked- each with 2 cabins- so 4 booking reference numbers. 2 are from RC and 2 are from a TA.

I went into my cruises and entered the numbers to set up an account. The RC ones were fine and came straight up. When I entered the TA ones it said something like - I could claim them (ie register them) under my cruises as they had not been claimed by the TA.

From that it seemed that it the TA had registered them I wouldnt have been able to.

it seems the data is live from the server when you look at your ticket information. while you are in it, the system generates a record lock so if ta is trying to change something or fix something you have to come back to the main login page to release the record lock. i was in it one day while talking to ta and he asked if i could come back to menu so he could change the dining time.

If that's what the OP is seeing, yes, it is standard with everyone's My Cruises account who books with a Travel Agent.

The dreaded red paragraph comes up with any booking not made on the website, whether through a TA or directly with RCI. I have several cruises booked over the phone with RCI that I cannot modify online. That has to do with cabin choice, dining preference, etc.

If you booked through a TA, you cannot change your reservation online or over the phone - the TA has to do it for you.

In either instance you should be able to order gifts & gear, wine, shore excursions, make My Time Dining reservations, etc.

OP, I hope you get it all sorted out!

Issue Resolved!

When we originally booked, we were at opposite ends of the ship which we were ok with.

The travel agent changed our reservation without us knowing so that we were right next to each other and this changed the booking reference number.

I could be angry, but im not - She was only trying to make her customers happy and that is what has been done... a bit sneeky though I have to admit! :)

Issue Resolved!

When we originally booked, we were at opposite ends of the ship which we were ok with.

The travel agent changed our reservation without us knowing so that we were right next to each other and this changed the booking reference number.

I could be angry, but im not - She was only trying to make her customers happy and that is what has been done... a bit sneeky though I have to admit! :)

Glad it all worked out for you, and the TA was just trying to make your cruise better for you.;)

Issue Resolved!

Glad it worked out for you, but confused, you do not need to change booking numbers to change rooms. Why did you get a new number?

Glad it worked out for you, but confused, you do not need to change booking numbers to change rooms. Why did you get a new number?

I was going to ask the same question - all they should have done was change the cabin number. Unless things are done differently in the UK.

Im going to take a stab in the dark and say there is always a chance that they screwed up somewhere and had to re-book it, hence the new numbers... One thing for sure is that I'll never find out what happened... But then who cares, not me. I got my access back and thats all that im bothered about :)

A while ago, I booked my cruise and once we received the booking reference number, I registered on the Royal Caribbean website and registered 'My Cruise' where I was able to complete online check-in and so on...

The access was removed, so I called Royal Caribbean to check if there was an issue with the website - They confirmed that everything was ok and any issues should be raised with my travel agent.

So, I called my travel agent and they said that I shouldn't be accessing that area of the site because they don't want me confusing things...

Perhaps im being stupid here but... its MY holiday, so what gives them the right to remove my access?

Am I missing something obvious?

yes if you book excursions etc through them they can and will charge you sa fee whereas if you have acess to the site you can do it independantly no fee. tell your ta no demand that they reinstate immediately you access to YOUR CRUISE. dont be bullied or misled by them take ownership

[quote name='PH8']You cant access all your info when you have a consective cruise.....dont know why,but thats the way it is..[/quote]

[quote name='melbur']When it's a B2B, they link it, making it impossible to access - Just call and ask them to "unlink" it - then it's fine. I've had to do this every time we have a B2B.[/quote][SIZE=4]

Thank you both for the info, I learn something new every day on this wonderful site:)

Sue
[/SIZE]

[quote name='SEASONEDCRUZER']No need to be rude to agents, we haven't even determined that this is their fault!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeesh!:eek:[/QUOTE]

I have read all the posts on this thread but I just had to come back to this one, with all due respect.
Never, ever again will we book with a TA. We told him what we wanted...flights, cruise, accommodation. We had of course checked prices ourselves so we had some idea of cost. He booked everything and we paid in full....we should have checked everything very very carefully :(...our fault. BUT when we asked that our connecting flight be changed coming home he became very shy...he wouldn't even acknowledge emails or 'phone calls.
So we tried again, this time to ask him for a breakdown as we had no idea what the cruise, flights and accommodation costs were. Again...silence.
Eventually my DH sent him a rather 'please explain' type of email and this time we got a reply. The TA said if we wanted to change connecting flight times then we would have to forfeit what we had paid for the onward flight and pay another full flight fare....no mention of the breakdown we had asked for. We declined to changed flights (we wanted to change because of the short time between the International flight and Domestic flight, adding to my already stressed state) and we again asked for a breakdown...silence again.
We couldn't access anything on RCCL because TA had got our names back to front....first names as last names !!!!!!
With less than 3 weeks to go before the cruise we got our documents, flight times, boarding times for cruise. He also added that it was up to HIM to do our 'online' check in. We did it ourselves, not trusting him.
So yes....our TA was just not communicating in any way...and we still don't know what we have paid for what :confused:

[quote name='Tanderra']I have read all the posts on this thread but I just had to come back to this one, with all due respect.
Never, ever again will we book with a TA. We told him what we wanted...flights, cruise, accommodation. We had of course checked prices ourselves so we had some idea of cost. He booked everything and we paid in full....we should have checked everything very very carefully :(...our fault. BUT when we asked that our connecting flight be changed coming home he became very shy...he wouldn't even acknowledge emails or 'phone calls.
So we tried again, this time to ask him for a breakdown as we had no idea what the cruise, flights and accommodation costs were. Again...silence.
Eventually my DH sent him a rather 'please explain' type of email and this time we got a reply. The TA said if we wanted to change connecting flight times then we would have to forfeit what we had paid for the onward flight and pay another full flight fare....no mention of the breakdown we had asked for. We declined to changed flights (we wanted to change because of the short time between the International flight and Domestic flight, adding to my already stressed state) and we again asked for a breakdown...silence again.
We couldn't access anything on RCCL because TA had got our names back to front....first names as last names !!!!!!
With less than 3 weeks to go before the cruise we got our documents, flight times, boarding times for cruise. He also added that it was up to HIM to do our 'online' check in. We did it ourselves, not trusting him.
So yes....our TA was just not communicating in any way...and we still don't know what we have paid for what :confused:[/quote]

It's just like any profession, some are good and some are not so good. My TA is pretty good but others are terrible passing incorrect information just like on this board.

[quote name='Col1874']... its MY holiday, so what gives them the right to remove my access?[/quote]You won't like this answer, but YOU did.

When you engage a travel agent, you're trusting that person to listen to your wants and to make good decisions for you, and you're empowering them -- the travel professionals -- to make your plans for you. Royal Caribbean won't even talk to you over the phone if you've booked with an agent; instead of talking to you, they'll talk to the "person in charge".

I much prefer to retain control over my own agenda.

Archived