Travel Agent removed my access to 'My Cruises'

A while ago, I booked my cruise and once we received the booking reference number, I registered on the Royal Caribbean website and registered 'My Cruise' where I was able to complete online check-in and so on...

The access was removed, so I called Royal Caribbean to check if there was an issue with the website - They confirmed that everything was ok and any issues should be raised with my travel agent.

So, I called my travel agent and they said that I shouldn't be accessing that area of the site because they don't want me confusing things...

Perhaps im being stupid here but... its MY holiday, so what gives them the right to remove my access?

Am I missing something obvious?

HUH confusing things? Call the Boss right away and tell him he has no business blocking access to the booking since you cannot change anything important to him and that you can only change things important to you like adding drink packages, excursions etc.

Since he earns nothing on these items anyway it makes no sence for him to offer the service of booking it for you. If he doesn't budge send RCCL a good old fashoined letter telling them they are loosing money because the TA won't facilitate the booking of futher services........

Some agents are just thick as bricks and so afraid thier clients will some how see how much they are earning.... Come on clients are aware you need to earn money.

I don't see how a TA can remove your access, its RCCL's site, not theirs. Something sounds fishy. I use a TA all the time and have complete access on any website with the correct booking #. Maybe your # was changed for some reason. Dig deeper into this one

I couldn't agree more. A TA should be able to communicate to you what they do not want you to mess with (check in is all I can imagine) Perhaps, make this a learning curve. I do not use travel agents because I want things exactly my way. But, this does take my time and I spend a lot of time planning.

Having access to your reservation will give you best odds at getting the reservations you would like- and it lets you avoid some lines- like specialty restaurant reservations, purchasing soda packages and securing show tickets -If, by chance you have a GS and above you should have no problem getting things your way anyhow. Aww, the perks. Best of luck & demand that access ;)

Col.

I have booked cruises both ways..through several different TAs and online direct with RCCL. I have always had access to My Cruises. There are some features which are not available to you if your booking is though a TA, but you should have full access to everything else. Good luck....some UK TAs make me sooo mad :mad:.

Are you in a group with onboard credit? If the deposit is applied at the group level, you will not be able to access My Cruises until it is deposited into your specific booking. TAs CANNOT change your access to Royal Caribbean's website.

If you call RCI, and ask if your booking is there, and it is, relax. You will eventually be able to access everything.

Groups are convoluted. There are things you won't be able to see, like dinner linkings. It is all because you are in a group.

But for what it's worth, your TA should not be telling you that you shouldn't be in there. They just needed to explain why you can't access it for the moment. My guess is that your deposit is sitting at group level, and your TA has no idea that this is what is happening.

I think there is a round about way to get in there, but I can't recall what it is. Try going into Pre-cruise planner and see if you can get in there.

When is your cruise?

HUH confusing things? Call the Boss right away and tell him he has no business blocking access to the booking since you cannot change anything important to him and that you can only change things important to you like adding drink packages, excursions etc.

Since he earns nothing on these items anyway it makes no sence for him to offer the service of booking it for you. If he doesn't budge send RCCL a good old fashoined letter telling them they are loosing money because the TA won't facilitate the booking of futher services........

Some agents are just thick as bricks and so afraid thier clients will some how see how much they are earning.... Come on clients are aware you need to earn money.

No need to be rude to agents, we haven't even determined that this is their fault!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeesh!:eek:

No need to be rude to agents, we haven't even determined that this is their fault!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeesh!:eek:

You're right, and commission amounts are not posted in My Cruises anyway. As I said, TAs cannot prevent access to the My Cruises site. But if the ressie is in a group, the reservation number may come across as being not valid on RCI's site. You should still be able to get into My Cruises, but you won't be able to access the individual reservation.

Is it this message?

Please note you cannot modify your reservation online. Only reservations made on RoyalCaribbean.com with your My Cruises account can be modified online.

This message is in red at the top of a booking I have. I booked via the phone direct with RCI UK. I took it to mean that you can only have full access to your reservation if you booked it yourself online (so in your case your TA only would have that access as they were the ones who booked it). I can still book excursions/setsail/do online check in etc. Do you still have that access or has everything been removed?

Is it this message?

Please note you cannot modify your reservation online. Only reservations made on RoyalCaribbean.com with your My Cruises account can be modified online.

This message is in red at the top of a booking I have. I booked via the phone direct with RCI UK. I took it to mean that you can only have full access to your reservation if you booked it yourself online (so in your case your TA only would have that access as they were the ones who booked it). I can still book excursions/setsail/do online check in etc. Do you still have that access or has everything been removed?

If that's what the OP is seeing, yes, it is standard with everyone's My Cruises account who books with a Travel Agent.

The system is currently unable to handle your request for retrieving your reservation.

When I called Royal Caribbean they asked me to contact my travel agent... like I said earlier im going to give them another phone.. on my lunch now so will phone shortly :)

Just off the phone to the travel agent.

Asked to speak to the manager, but she was with a customer. Luckily got an extremely helpful person who answered the phone.

She said that she is aware of the 'My Cruises' part of the website and she said that she does know that i should have access do it - She said that she'll speak to the manager to check if there was any reason for refusing to sort out my access.

I should also say, I do know that it wasn't the Travel Agent who originally removed my access, as they don't have the ability to do so, but they refused to act on my behalf to regain my access... sorry if I confused anyone! :o:p

WAITING ON A CALL BACK - WATCH THIS SPACE!

The way it was explained to me is about who claims the cruise. I am in the uk and have 2 ongoing bookings. One with rc and one with a travel agent. I put in my booking number and basically both went into my cruises. The ta one had a warning that came up that the ta one could be claimed by me as it had not been claimed by a ta at that point. I assume if the ta then claimed the rights over that booking I would be locked out.

How long have you had trouble accessing your booking? Sometimes I can't access my booking, if things are being updated in RCCL's system. I'll be "locked out" for a time, while things are being updated, then I'll be able to access it again. Mine is through a TA, also, so I am limited on what changes I can make w/o going through the TA, but I can pull up the reservation and have options to book extras like specialty dining, excursions, wine package, etc.

.. sorry if I confused anyone! :o:p

No, the statement below confuses me..:confused::confused::confused:

. The ta one had a warning that came up that the ta one could be claimed by me as it had not been claimed by a ta at that point..

Is it this message?

I was interested to read this as we always book on-line with RC in the Uk and always have full access to our booking. Over the weekend we attempted to book 3 cruises, a B2B in May 2011 and a TA in October 2011. When I tried to complete the bookings online I was unable to, so we phoned and spoke to someone at RC. They said no worries they would fill in the CC details and we would still be classed as an on-line booking. (5% discount;)) Checking on-line later, the Liberty TA booking is fine, the B2B has the dreaded "Red paragraph" Phoned back to RC, they said sorry, glich with the system, to do with the US (hello??) can't change it. Oh well, life's too short to stuff a mushroom as they say, as long as I can still book speciality restaurants and excursions on-line and the price is the same, I can live with it, but bizarre nevertheless.

Sue

I was interested to read this as we always book on-line with RC in the Uk and always have full access to our booking. Over the weekend we attempted to book 3 cruises' date=' a B2B in May 2011 and a TA in October 2011. When I tried to complete the bookings online I was unable to, so we phoned and spoke to someone at RC. They said no worries they would fill in the CC details and we would still be classed as an on-line booking. (5% discount;)) Checking on-line later, the Liberty TA booking is fine, the B2B has the dreaded "Red paragraph" Phoned back to RC, they said sorry, glich with the system, to do with the US (hello??) can't change it. Oh well, life's too short to stuff a mushroom as they say, as long as I can still book speciality restaurants and excursions on-line and the price is the same, I can live with it, but bizarre nevertheless.

Sue

[/size']

You cant access all your info when you have a consective cruise.....dont know why,but thats the way it is..

You cant access all your info when you have a consective cruise.....dont know why,but thats the way it is..

When it's a B2B, they link it, making it impossible to access - Just call and ask them to "unlink" it - then it's fine. I've had to do this every time we have a B2B.

When it's a B2B, they link it, making it impossible to access - Just call and ask them to "unlink" it - then it's fine. I've had to do this every time we have a B2B.

Thanks.mine arent linked anyway.......One I booked with a TA,one I didnt.....so RCCL says they cant link them.......thats fine by me..

Perhaps im being stupid here but... its MY holiday, so what gives them the right to remove my access?

YOU DID when you gave them your listing, they own it now. If you want control of your booking keep it yourself next time and use this as a lesson learned.

YOU DID when you gave them your listing, they own it now. If you want control of your booking keep it yourself next time and use this as a lesson learned.

I never gave them any info! :rolleyes:

A while ago, I booked my cruise and once we received the booking reference number, I registered on the Royal Caribbean website and registered 'My Cruise' where I was able to complete online check-in and so on...

The access was removed, so I called Royal Caribbean to check if there was an issue with the website - They confirmed that everything was ok and any issues should be raised with my travel agent.

So, I called my travel agent and they said that I shouldn't be accessing that area of the site because they don't want me confusing things...

Am I missing something obvious?

Yes, you are missing something obvious.... you need a new TA if this is true (IMHO). I've had the same TA for nearly 18 years and she would never do this. (In fact , I'm VERY surprised RCCL let your TA do that... if they actually did.) This does sound fishy in that you definitely should be the one to manage info such as your emergency contact on your on-line check in. I have never heard of this as a TA will tell you in their instructions to you to go on the RCCL web site and complete your on-line check-in.

Sounds like there is an issue that should be cleared up immediately with your TA or as I said, find a new TA.

----------------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

We are proud Oasis Camel Cruiser – April 17, 2010

The Oasis Camels Website

Previous Cruises – 59 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Booked & Paid Cruises

RCCL Oasis of the Seas – Our Friends Cruise - April 17, 2010

Planned Cruises

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

The Med – 14 day – 2013?

Archived